Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Should I or shouldn't I....

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just bought the Typhoon H pro last night and all I have done is charge the batteries and ST16. Should I go ahead and update he ST16 and the Typhoon or just fly as it is right now?

Im in Hawaii so I still have sunlight for a few hours! Let me know what you guys think.

Mahalo!

Ayohexa

Hey everyone! Just bought the Typhoon H pro last night and all I have done is charge the batteries and ST16. Should I go ahead and update he ST16 and the Typhoon or just fly as it is right now?

Im in Hawaii so I still have sunlight for a few hours! Let me know what you guys think.

Mahalo!

Ayohexa
Hi.
It should fly fine straight out of the box without updates, but you should do the calibrations...especially the compass. Do the updates (if it needs them) later once you've got a feel for how it flies.
This, of course, assumes you have read and understood all the instructions and have viewed several youtube instructional videos. DO NOT TAKE OFF IN SAFE MODE until you have gained some experience and fly your aircraft fairly close to you for your first couple of flights. Take it nice and steady. If you do take off in safe mode make sure that you (and your ST16) is 30' away to ensure it isn't within the circle of death.

The TH is a very capable aircraft if used correctly...but it is not what I'd call a 'new to UAV' friendly aircraft. If this is your very first UAV then be extra careful...be good to it and it should be good to you.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Hi.
It should fly fine straight out of the box without updates, but you should do the calibrations...especially the compass. Do the updates (if it needs them) later once you've got a feel for how it flies.
This, of course, assumes you have read and understood all the instructions and have viewed several youtube instructional videos. DO NOT TAKE OFF IN SAFE MODE until you have gained some experience and fly your aircraft fairly close to you for your first couple of flights. Take it nice and steady. If you do take off in safe mode make sure that you (and your ST16) is 30' away to ensure it isn't within the circle of death.

The TH is a very capable aircraft if used correctly...but it is not what I'd call a 'new to UAV' friendly aircraft. If this is your very first UAV then be extra careful...be good to it and it should be good to you.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the advice! So I am newer to quads and brand new to the Typhoon but I am a long time RC pilot. I fly planes and helies but usually stick with 3D foamies.

I flew last night without updating and I tried to do the compass calibration but when I selected it in the screen nothing would happen? Like it wouldn't start the process or I am missing something. I chose to fly anyways and it flew pretty good but it was drifting a bit so I landed and am going to wait until I can get the calibration done correctly.

I like the Typhoon so far but I also have an X star Premium and I'm trying to decide if the H will replace my x star. I am still within my return period for both so I have to decide between one. If the H is getting a better camera in the future that might help me decide more but so far I'm. It sure how I feel about the camera.

Oh by the way the back pack is huge!!! Like super giant and funny looking!

Both aircraft have their benefits but the only real advantage of the x-star is the 1" sensor. That advantage is about to end.

Take some time and watch the calibration videos that were on the SD card that came with your H.

Both aircraft have their benefits but the only real advantage of the x-star is the 1" sensor. That advantage is about to end.

Take some time and watch the calibration videos that were on the SD card that came with your H.

Will do! But what do you mean that advantage is about to end? Autel hasn't released their 1" sensor and I haven't heard anything hats official from yuneec about a new camera for the H....

Thanks for the advice! So I am newer to quads and brand new to the Typhoon but I am a long time RC pilot. I fly planes and helies but usually stick with 3D foamies.

I flew last night without updating and I tried to do the compass calibration but when I selected it in the screen nothing would happen? Like it wouldn't start the process or I am missing something. I chose to fly anyways and it flew pretty good but it was drifting a bit so I landed and am going to wait until I can get the calibration done correctly.

I like the Typhoon so far but I also have an X star Premium and I'm trying to decide if the H will replace my x star. I am still within my return period for both so I have to decide between one. If the H is getting a better camera in the future that might help me decide more but so far I'm. It sure how I feel about the camera.

Oh by the way the back pack is huge!!! Like super giant and funny looking!

I'm new also and really should defer offering help & leave that up to the veteran flyers here but when you attempted the compass calibration, you need to be away from any large metal objects and electronic devices as cell phones, etc.
I did the firmware updates and compass calibration without any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20