Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Should I pull the trigger on an H right now... or wait until CES2017?

Tuna,

I tend to agree. From my perspective Yuneec seems to be responding well to issue resolution and new features provided in firmware upgrades seem to be practical in design even when falling a bit short in implementation. We should recognize that some will screw up with any firm or software up grade simply because they choose to rush through the process or refuse to perform either previously required or post upgrade calibrations. It would not matter what the platform was.

What I would like to see is perhaps a bit more pre-release validation testing of firmware upgrades. We don't need to experience fast and furious code correction releases as some of us experienced before with another maker, some of which bricked FC's.

If Yuneec puts just a little more effort into it they could be a great supplier of good aerial products, but they need to have the "want to" and buck the current corporate climate seen around the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent assessment !

You could wait forever.

I can guarantee Yuneec will be showing new stuff in January, and that there will be a whole bunch of other launches and announcements from other drone manufacturers - some of stuff you can buy right away, and some of stuff that won't be available until 2018.

It's Deja Vu all over again, Tuna. This past New Year's, I decided to buy the new Yuneec H with RealSense based on the hoopla. They were saying March...April? I actually received a RealSense Pro on July 18, and many others waited longer.

"You could wait forever"...
Mindbank, I think you have a lot of experience with your present Typhoon. Rebuilt it once, maybe? It's your call, your money. I'm very happy with my RS Pro.

It's Deja Vu all over again, Tuna. This past New Year's, I decided to buy the new Yuneec H with RealSense based on the hoopla. They were saying March...April? I actually received a RealSense Pro on July 18, and many others waited longer..

I should clarify - though I expect to see new stuff from Yuneec, I think it'll be upgrades or add-ons for the H rather than a replacement product.

DC,

I forgot to mention one more that makes solid professional gear. Aerial Alchemy out of the Los Angles area. Not even close to cheap, but meets customer specs using only the good stuff. Added value, they have a history in the film industry and understand.

Thanks Pat, I'll check them out after diner, I do appreciate the leads, I am going to invest and go pro, not camera, work! Lol !

I should clarify - though I expect to see new stuff from Yuneec, I think it'll be upgrades or add-ons for the H rather than a replacement product.

This is the safest bet for them while they are in legal with DJI to keep the ship moving forward and make their base happy. This goes to what they did making the first electric airplane. It's about perfecting the products hardware and software, the efficient and redundant design was already built. [emoji1303]

It would be surprising if Yuneec does not receive judgement for costs over a frivolous filing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430