Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

signal

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by Ed Hahn, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Ed Hahn

I here people talk about flying 3000 ft. and still having a good signal. were is this signal
    or lines on my s-10

2. Chris K.

I had to modify my controller. I've video all the way out to 4200'. Without the controller mod, the furthest I was able to get was 1876'.

3. Sticks

The antenna for the ST10 are inside the handle. The instructions state that you should have the ST10 either horizontal, or at the least pointing at the Q500 when flying.

The antenna inside the Q500, one is along the fuselage for flight, the Camera is inside the globe, on the back side, so you can fly out to say 1300' at 200 AGL, just barely loose video, back up to 1200, hang a 180 and loose video again. The camera is blocking it's own transmission.

Just because you loose video does not mean you have lost control of your Q, though you should cease all flight (let go of the sticks) and either hit the RTH switch, or start manually flying back towards yourself until you regain signal.

Remember, just because you flew out to 1800' at one place, or in one direction, does not mean you will get the same range at the next place you go, or even in a different direction. Lots of factors come into play, and these are not phenomenally strong transmitters we are using here.

One place I went flying, I got out to 1800 before I ran out of safe range and LOS (sill had video and RC), and waddled on back. That was about due east. I tried again going West-Northwest, and only made it out to 1300 and I lost both video and RC at the same time. Local interference, terrain...who knows.

Russell Smith likes this.
  4. Walters865

How do you mod it to get that far?

5. Sticks

There is an antenna kit that Carolina Dronz sells that is a DIY and doubles the range of the video and RX/TX. There are also some mods that you can do to the Q that will give you a combined range of a couple miles (if you modified both the controller and the bird).

6. BEE

BEE

Flyinmcknight likes this.
  7. Ed Hahn

I still don't know how to tell or see how strong of a signal I have
    or I am getting when I am flying

8. BEE

BEE

just look on your st1o screen... at the top right ... wifi symbol with meter on top....more meter showing=stronger signal !!

9. Ed Hahn

THANK YOU BEE that is what I wanted to know

10. Slingshot

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    IMO.....these are the best mods out there for distance and rock solid signals for your S10+...DBS Mods (ITELITE) from Carolina Drones. It runs about $100.00. Easy install. I've also have a P3A RC with same mod. 3.5 miles.

11. mark walter

How do u modify the bitd. I upgraded to the itelite antenna but I still don't notice too much difference.

12. mark walter

What's a p3rc. Looking for more range.

13. Slingshot

Phantom 3 Advanced Remote Controller.....