Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sink Hole

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This site had me so concerned I used the H rather than the Plus. Recovery is impossible if it goes down. This is an active sink hole and there was a huge cave in just as I launched which shook the ground and a tremendous roar. Flying over it makes it appear serene but that is deceptive. Hundreds of feet under the ground is a mine that is causing the subsidence. A chain link fence that was installed to keep gawkers at a safe distance is already hanging in mid-air.

Wow! That's cool, but eerie! And the perfect sound track to go with it.

...What do you mean recovery would be impossible? There were plenty of trees ready to catch it if anything happened. In fact I thought I saw on early on making a grab for it! You managed to veer away just before it snatched you out of the air!

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
For a change I really tried to stay away from the trees. No backing up today either. Dropping altitude there was not comfortable and the sat count dropped faster than pants at a late night party.

Fascinating, really enjoyed that.

Last summer I was shooting in the Freda ruins near you. It's a smorgasbord of photo ops and gorgeous landscapes up there.

Reactions: Steve Carr
That’s a sink hole alright. There is no way I would go near that without being in a harness and attached to a safe anchor point.

Reactions: biltno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi