Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

slow typhoon

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just aquired a q500 4k and am extremely disappointed with the very slow speed of the machine
This problem is only related to the gps: once disabled, the Typhoon becomes an extremely fast machine but very hard to pilot (broke 2 rotors on landing) and I suspect no good would come if it gets out of range from transmitter
Do someone knows if there is a way to increase speed while keeping the gps enabled?
Talked to yuneec, they don't want to know about it
I will have no choice but to sell it if no alternative are available since it is way too dull under those circumstances
Thank you

You are going to have to sell it Lawrence.... The Q's are not known for speed (about 18mph max w/Gps) The Q's are designed for Videography/Photography.

I'm afraid you're right Skypro.
I wish I knew this before, made a lot of research before buying the machine, when I saw some speed evaluation on the phantom 3, i couldn't find anything on the Q500 and assumed that is was around the same, how wrong was I...

Have you tried turning the Rabbit/Turtle Dial on the right hand side of the TX to see if it helps you feel better about it. I have heard about the Phantom being faster but customer services is non existent from what I hear.

Have you tried turning the Rabbit/Turtle Dial on the right hand side of the TX to see if it helps you feel better about it. I have heard about the Phantom being faster but customer services is non existent from what I hear.

I've read that too, Wingshooter, but again, should I have known about that, I'd rather have a chance of having fun with the drone and wrestle with a bad after sale team than a good after sale service telling me "sorry, no can do"

I've read that too, Wingshooter, but again, should I have known about that, I'd rather have a chance of having fun with the drone and wrestle with a bad after sale team than a good after sale service telling me "sorry, no can do"
I own a phantom an yes it has faster response time an has a faster forward speed an yes DJI has no customer service. I'm also thinking of going back an grounding my Q500 4k. Two days ago the aircraft just after take off flip over an crashed. Only damage the props an a scratch or two on the fuselage but the camera popped off Atlanta side of the three warriors back to the solder joints. not concerned about safety!

Lawrence, all I do is aerial video/photography. I've flown Phantoms including the P2+ for three years. In July I purchased the Q4k, one flight is all it took for me to park my Phantoms on the shelf. If your looking to set distance, speed and altitude records then perhaps you should consider a Phantom. If your looking to capture smooth video with exceptional control over camera and UAV then I recommend you keep the Q4k. I have over 200 flights on my Q4k and still have two of the original props on board. You can check out my YouTube Channel,
Air Cam 1

Reactions: Drone Boy
Lawrence, all I do is aerial video/photography. I've flown Phantoms including the P2+ for three years. In July I purchased the Q4k, one flight is all it took for me to park my Phantoms on the shelf. If your looking to set distance, speed and altitude records then perhaps you should consider a Phantom. If your looking to capture smooth video with exceptional in flight control over camera and UAV then I recommend you keep the Q4k. I have over 200 flights on my Q4k and still have two of the original props on board. You can check out my YouTube Channel,
Air Cam 1

To be honest with yo, iIhad my pphantom set not to go above 120 feet an not to exceed 200 feet from the transmitte. Not looking for speed out of my quad but performance when I input a command I like to see the aircraft move in the direction I requested at the time I requested it. I've only had a few flights with my Q 500 very impressed with the imaging and the stabilization of the aircraft.I will check out your videos thanks for the information

Hi there,
The differences between the 4K and the Phantom are well-documented. My only suggestion if you haven't sold it already is to fly and rabbit and angle mode. Using those settings I find my 4K very responsive and fast enough for most any aerial photography. Also I have found that Yuneec sets the standard for customer service in the Drone industry. You will find no better company.
I just aquired a q500 4k and am extremely disappointed with the very slow speed of the machine
This problem is only related to the gps: once disabled, the Typhoon becomes an extremely fast machine but very hard to pilot (broke 2 rotors on landing) and I suspect no good would come if it gets out of range from transmitter
Do someone knows if there is a way to increase speed while keeping the gps enabled?
Talked to yuneec, they don't want to know about it
I will have no choice but to sell it if no alternative are available since it is way too dull under those circumstances
Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval