Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So can I buy the Intel RealSense Module for my original H ?

Like others have said unless your using the H to travel in a forest I don't see it being all that important for 400$$$$. I do want it though lol.

I smiled when I saw this because in my Pro manual they warn against going into a forest due to the risk of losing GPS. RS must have active GPS to function, and yes, I have tried it on mine to check. Without going into forest, lol.

A few trees, whatever, is no problem as long as the GPS lock is maintained. Take your smartphone with GPS app and walk under trees, etc, watching the number of Sats. Generally it will hold OK, but in a deep dark forest, the number may drop below 6-7. The higher you fly the bird, the more Sats it will usually have.

Someone pointed out to me that they have not seen where any one from yuneec has said that the reg version could be updated with RealSence. They has said many many times that the Typhoon H is upgrade-able, but not in the same sentence with the word RealSense. I need to go back and look at the videos from Yuneec press interviews to see if this is true.

I would say it is upgradeable. Flip your Typhoon over and look in the location of where the IPS would go. There is a cable there (under the plastic, but you can see it through the groves) waiting to be plugged into the IPS/realsense unit.

Not mentioned here, the litigation's going on between DJI and Yuneec. Isn't this holding up a lot of release stuff from my understanding. Dji has sworn to fight them into the ground in the court system due to patent infringement. I had read a few articles on this scattered across the Chinese web and US net. I find this to be very funny in a way. China companies grab,hack etc... tech from all companies coming there to do business requiring all patents etc... now two companies fighting in China over patent infringement........hilarious. Maybe I'm just odd but its hard not to enjoy seeing the pot call the kettle black.

Cheers

Wayne

The RealSense bolt-on modules look like they're available for purchase this month...or at least retailers like Vertigo Drones are showing a mid-October ship date. It's holding at $399...steep price but I must have it! Sure wish I had just purchased the Pro version!

Here's a video demonstration of the Typhoon H Real sense, in flight indoors, at the 2016 CES. This demonstration was done by Intel, not Yuneec, to show off intel's real sense technology. They set up an indoor GPS and He said nobody is flying the drone. It is in follow me/watch me mode. I don't know, but to me the H is responding way to fast in avoiding the obstacles to be flying in auto mode IMO. In all the other video's I've seen demonstrating real sense the H responds a lot slower going around obstacles.

Not mentioned here, the litigation's going on between DJI and Yuneec. Isn't this holding up a lot of release stuff from my understanding. Dji has sworn to fight them into the ground in the court system due to patent infringement. I had read a few articles on this scattered across the Chinese web and US net. I find this to be very funny in a way. China companies grab,hack etc... tech from all companies coming there to do business requiring all patents etc... now two companies fighting in China over patent infringement........hilarious. Maybe I'm just odd but its hard not to enjoy seeing the pot call the kettle black.

Cheers

Wayne
Realsense is made by Intel, not Yuneec. The lawsuit should not stop that.

Cheers

Wayne
DJI is also suing Autel.

IDJI is slowly becoming the laughingstock of all these companies in China. They continually steal from each other.

If you Google yuneec realsense module vertigo drones has it for pre order $399 price tag. It's due out Aug/Sept. Not sure if it's worth the 399 yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I Have mine on order with Vertigo Drones. Just spoke with them today 10/7/16 and they said they are still on order due in any day now (not holding my breath) Looking forward to getting it.

What about the controller? Will the original ST-16 be compatible with the Realsense mod or will it need an update as well?
I think so, this is exactly the reason why the OBS AVOID switch has 3 positions. On the normal H, the upper position is off and the lower position is on. With Realsense, the upper position is off, the middle switch is JUST regular OBS Avoid and the lower position is Realsense on.
And because the normal st16 also has the 3-way switch, it should also work for Realsense.

I think so, this is exactly the reason why the OBS AVOID switch has 3 positions. On the normal H, the upper position is off and the lower position is on. With Realsense, the upper position is off, the middle switch is JUST regular OBS Avoid and the lower position is Realsense on.
And because the normal st16 also has the 3-way switch, it should also work for Realsense.
Yes it works with the current ST16, there is a switch to turn on in the transmitter via software to activate Realsense!

Please can you tell me where this switch positions on the Realsense versions is documented?

Thanks for that, but NOT official documentation from Yuneec! (sorry I do not speak German)
Ok well since i don't have a realsense H
(i'll be buying the pro soon)
i don't know if it is documented in the RS manual.
I just watched the video and the guy says that the upper position is off, middle is sonar obs avoid and down is realsense

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin