Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So is this how RealSense is supposed to work?

Reaction score
I was just testing my RealSense between two trees flying in Angle mode. The trees were about 30 feet apart at lets say at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions. I flew towards the first tree and the H stopped and was able to back up. I then turned around and flew towards the second tree and the H stopped. I then tried to back up towards the first tree and it wouldnt back up (remember the H was in Angle mode so the sensors were still facing the second. It's as if the RealSense "remembered" where the first tree was and "knew" it was not supposed to back up towards it even though the sensors were not facing that tree! Pretty cool!

Can you turn realsense on and off once it is installed?
I am thinking of retro fitting it to my H

Thanks

Can you turn realsense on and off once it is installed?
I am thinking of retro fitting it to my H

Thanks

Of course, and it's easy to install. I suggest not buying a used one. Bear in mind that max speed is reduced when it is turned on, and in Angle Mode it cannot sense if you go sideways or backwards.

I just installed it on my H and love it. I know the controller has a check box you can uncheck for RS installed but I cannot see the drone perform any differently. Meaning before the RS it would drift around a bit, after I installed it is not drifting, even if I uncheck RS in controller.

The RS module also includes IPS (Indoor Positioning System). That consists of a 720p camera pointed down, which is used for detecting drift.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight