Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So much for that one....

Reaction score
Brand new 7500mah battery.. First time ever used.
Two weeks on the Quad antenna mods...
Oh well....
I've been wanting a 4k any how.
Lost video and by the time the box reported it.. it was ll over.
This is raw footage from the transmitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donovan
That's a long hike to find a copter. Once you passed the first ridge your fate was sealed.

Reactions: Rayray
I had a look at Google maps and it is a serious hike.
I've actually flown to the top before with no problems.
I just got to close to the mountain and signal started fading on me.
It took me a few seconds to realize video was frozen and I stopped. A second later i got the warning.About 5 seconds later it reconnected and what I saw is in the box is what is at the end of the video.
I was probably into the side of the mountain before I even got the warning.
Sad things is... the Quad has shut the motors down from the impact but everything was still on and working when i left.
I'm contemplating making the hike but the Big Horn sheep don;t even go there.
I'm also already looking into the 4k and the H too.
My wife laughed at me and said I just wanted a new toy. Maybe she's right..... lol
:)

I had a look at Google maps and it is a serious hike.
I've actually flown to the top before with no problems.
I just got to close to the mountain and signal started fading on me.
It took me a few seconds to realize video was frozen and I stopped. A second later i got the warning.About 5 seconds later it reconnected and what I saw is in the box is what is at the end of the video.
I was probably into the side of the mountain before I even got the warning.
Sad things is... the Quad has shut the motors down from the impact but everything was still on and working when i left.
I'm contemplating making the hike but the Big Horn sheep don;t even go there.
I'm also already looking into the 4k and the H too.
My wife laughed at me and said I just wanted a new toy. Maybe she's right..... lol
:)
The video lag at that distance can be deceiving. Altitude is your friend.

Reactions: Jafo
My new 4k is on the way...
Yeah... :)

If you're anything like me you won't be able to stand it, even with the new 4K in hand. You'll be up there scuffing around.....or maybe do a search for it with the 4K ??

I see you got it out over 4,000 ft with no connection problems. How ?? Even with the ST101 on my transmitter it starts cutting out at ~1,400 ft. with clear line of sight.

Then again.....last Thurs I lost GPS and video on low battery warning at about 900 ft out and my Q500+ vanished. (couldn't see it against a hillside) GPS location in telemetry was different from final video by about 150 yards. Searched extensively and intensively and never did find it.

Yesterday I got a call from police - lady had turned in a drone that had landed in her yard and had my name and phone # on a plastic label. Her home is a good ½ mile - or more - NW of last shown GPS and it flew that after saying bye-bye with low battery. It came within 20 ft of landing on a busy road.

Good Luck......I hope you find it. That's very rugged country you're in. What area, if I may ask ??

I have actually made that flight all the way to the top with no problems before. This flight I was closer to the mountain and I think one of the hills got in the way and blocked my video feed. It would drop out for very brief seconds. I would stop and climb and video would reestablish and I carried on.Guess I lost video one to many times. Really, I only lost video the one time for any length of time. Maybe ten seconds total.That's all it took for where I was.
You can bet I fully intend to hunt for it with the 4k.
I also recrunched some Telemetry numbers and found the drone is about 200 feet higher than I thought and about 100 feet from the top. It's right at 1200' to the top.
I get the range from the mods I did.
I did the ITElite transmitter mod a few months ago and I did the quad mods just a couple of weeks ago.
I can get out about 4800' reliably. LOS of course.
It's an expensive learning curve in this game we play. lol
Happy flying,
Jafo
Added: Southern Ca. near Palm Springs

Sorry to hear that.
What happened ?
I have no idea ,, I won't let me upload the telemetry data for people to look at ... I can't work out how to get fpv view to actually play , it's under warranty but I'm in Australia ...please help

Attachments

• IMG_2044.PNG
    IMG_2044.PNG
    123.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2045.PNG
    IMG_2045.PNG
    159.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2046.PNG
    IMG_2046.PNG
    164.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2047.PNG
    IMG_2047.PNG
    166.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2048.PNG
    IMG_2048.PNG
    156.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2049.PNG
    IMG_2049.PNG
    150.5 KB · Views: 9
I have actually made that flight all the way to the top with no problems before. This flight I was closer to the mountain and I think one of the hills got in the way and blocked my video feed. It would drop out for very brief seconds. I would stop and climb and video would reestablish and I carried on.Guess I lost video one to many times. Really, I only lost video the one time for any length of time. Maybe ten seconds total.That's all it took for where I was.
You can bet I fully intend to hunt for it with the 4k.
I also recrunched some Telemetry numbers and found the drone is about 200 feet higher than I thought and about 100 feet from the top. It's right at 1200' to the top.
I get the range from the mods I did.
I did the ITElite transmitter mod a few months ago and I did the quad mods just a couple of weeks ago.
I can get out about 4800' reliably. LOS of course.
It's an expensive learning curve in this game we play. lol
Happy flying,
Jafo
Added: Southern Ca. near Palm Springs

Missed that last line. I had a refrigeration/ac business in Palm Springs from '84 - '89 and was Chief Engineer at the Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage from '96 - '06. Covered a lot of ground and did lots of hiking. One of my hobbies is story telling with pictures. I may still have some hidden away on confuser: Painted Canyon, Bat Cave Buttes, Toro Peak, etc., many etcs.

Missed that last line. I had a refrigeration/ac business in Palm Springs from '84 - '89 and was Chief Engineer at the Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage from '96 - '06. Covered a lot of ground and did lots of hiking. One of my hobbies is story telling with pictures. I may still have some hidden away on confuser: Painted Canyon, Bat Cave Buttes, Toro Peak, etc., many etcs.
That's great. I did work for the forestry department back in the 80's. Spent many a night on Toro peak and Black Mountain. I still do a fare amount of hiking in the hills and deserts.
I've done some electrical work at the Ritz when they we're remodeling a few years ago and many of the homes in La Mirada.
I have my new 4k and did the drone mod.I still need to do the camera mod as my distance is only about 700' on video. Soon, I hope to make the hill climb again and maybe catch some video of crashed Q up on near the top.
If you make it back into the area, drop me a line.

Man what a bummer. That's what I fear, a sudden drop out of the sky. I hope you can launch a search and rescue. Keep us informed.

By the way when you bought the new 4K, did you get it from Yuneec or auction or refurbished?
Inquiring minds wanna know..lol

Looks like when I get mine, I'll have to do the antenna mod to give me more range cushion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix