Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Software Hack

Colljean,
I do not think they were talking about a hack.
They are talking about one of the flight modes called "SMART MODE" where the aircraft will not start up and fly unless your are at a safe distance away. The other mode called "ANGLE MODE" removes this limitation.

Safety Fence, I have to walk 25 feet away form my Q500 to fire it up. Then I walk back to a realistic distends of 6 to 8 feet before taking off. Funny thing is I can land the Q500 on my head if I wanted to but we can’t take-off unless we are 25 feet away!!!

Here’s the problem; Cats, Birds and kids – at 25 feet it is hard to keep freaking Cats away.

Does anyone know of a hack to over write the Fence, adjust max height (100 feet) and max distances from control (also 100 feet)? I know it’s possible to change the defaults, someone set them up to start with and my old school Phantom III is a easy change in the user interface. Yuneec could have us click on I Agree button releasing Yuneec from liability and responsibility – hint!!

Nick
Had my Q500 4K for 18 months now. As far as taking off and landing is concerned, it should take off and land no matter how close you are are to your Q500 if you are in 'ANGLE' mode. If you are in 'SMART' mode it won't take off or land unless the Q500 is at least 26ft from the ST10+ controller. So if you're in 'ANGLE' mode and it won't take off when you're just a few feet away, then there must be some kind of problem with your aircraft. Are you sure that it's not in or stuck in 'SMART' mode? If you think that it may be, try restoring factory settings and see if that makes it right.

Reactions: Jody duManoir
In my Experience of having bothT "H" & "G500" models ,I find it the Q500 much more easier to adjust the above mentioned settings than the "HEX". (This information is for educational purposes ONLY, ) One would simply log into the GUI Mode and click the advanced settings and follow the prompts I believe you can go 1000 meters altitude and 800 Meters from your control station. The "H" I honestly have not explored this concept with the "H". Cheers!

As Sticks said plug the USB to Q adapter wire into your PC after you've downloaded the GUI from Yuneec suppport/download page and you can change any of the smart mode Geo Fence parameters with the GUI. It will allow you to change the max altitude and range.
Angle mode is not hard to master. Never use smart mode unless you are out of the 26 foot radius or the Q will take off to get out of the 26 foot radius and might hit anything around within that circle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx