Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SOLVED! Landing "bounces" problems with Typhoon H Pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I have installed the firmware updates (those of February 25 and March 17, 2017) but nothing is done!
Whenever I try to land smoothly on a surface that is not rigidly flat (a perfect plane is difficult to find in nature!), the Typhoon makes small "jumps" once it has reached 20 cm from the ground and it ended up lying on the side before I could stop the engines.
While I do not land the Typhoon less than 8 meters from me.
There is no damage, not even broken propellers, but hey ... it worked much better before!

Is the bug still not corrected, or is there a problem related to obstacle detection?

Installed the March firmware and so far no problems but I didn't really have any problems before the firmware(except a few compass errors that were resolved by a calibration.). I did all calibrations prior to flying. I am always a bit nervous when applying new firmware's, Flew 3 batteries tested return to home by flying out a distance and stood behind my house to block signal, lost the connection to the H and waited then I could hear it then saw it so that was a relief, all seems to work well.

Installed the March firmware and so far no problems but I didn't really have any problems before the firmware(except a few compass errors that were resolved by a calibration.). I did all calibrations prior to flying ... all seems to work well.
Thank you, I also do all the calibrations after each firmware update.
I only encounter this problem of landing.

It was a precaution that I thought I had taken!
I'll do a test this afternoon to be sure.
Thank you.
You didn't specify how you land, but hold the left stick all the way back while you press the kill button. See if that helps.

Also, you can use the kill button if you are a few inches off the ground. You don't have to be sitting on the ground. This works very well where the ground is not level.

There has has been talk of doing a hover for a moment before landing. I have the same thing going on with mine, but have not yet tested hovering before hand. It may only be an issue with RTH landing when you take control before it lands, not sure as yet though.

Thank you all.
I did a test this afternoon as advertised and the problem is solved!
Bounces do not occur when the "Obstacle Avoidance" joystick is raised (OFF position), when landing.
We really need to remember that this joystick must be lifted when you land.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thank you all.
I did a test this afternoon as advertised and the problem is solved!
Bounces do not occur when the "Obstacle Avoidance" joystick is raised (OFF position), when landing.
We really need to remember that this joystick must be lifted when you land.
I know there are colored rubber covers out there for the toggle switches. I think I am going to buy a red one for the avoidance toggle. I feel it would force you to remember it.

Hello,

I have installed the firmware updates (those of February 25 and March 17, 2017) but nothing is done!
Whenever I try to land smoothly on a surface that is not rigidly flat (a perfect plane is difficult to find in nature!), the Typhoon makes small "jumps" once it has reached 20 cm from the ground and it ended up lying on the side before I could stop the engines.
There is no damage, not even broken propellers, but hey ... it worked much better before!

Is the bug still not corrected, or is there a problem related to obstacle detection?

Interesting enough I just had an issue with this bounce and almost tip over yesterday. I'm thinking it's also related to another issue I'm having which object avoidance fails at boot.

Interesting enough I just had an issue with this bounce and almost tip over yesterday. I'm thinking it's also related to another issue I'm having which object avoidance fails at boot.

It is advised to land with Obstacle Avoidance switched off. Then use left stick down to land and keep the stick down 100% as the H touches down until motors idle and stop or until you hit the red killbutton.

Cheers!

It is advised to land with Obstacle Avoidance switched off.

Cheers!

Yeah that's what people are saying although I've never had an issue with OBS on and landing Ever. And as you can see from my post OBS failed so yeah, it wasn't on.

You maight retry landing with the switch Obstacle Avoidance in OFF position. That way you are sure the OA is off. The fail-message may have caused OA off for an instant and it may have been switched back on by software? And hold the left stick in 100% down position as H touches te ground.

You may not have had any issues while landing with OA on, but it is recommended (by Yuneec) to switch it off. Reflections or higher grass may have its influence on the OA sensors.

A few months back I was having issues with compass and gps failure warnings and every time I landed (OA was off) the H would try to flip it self over. I sent it in to Yuneec to be tested. They replaced the GPS module and upper accessory cover and accomplished a 26 point test flight. It has been flying great ever since. I have not up dated my firm ware to the latest release yet. I am hesitant to do so because my compass, gps and flipping issues started after I up graded the firm ware the last time. So i am going to way a little longer before I update the firm ware..

I did all updates (first one by SD-card, later by OTA) and H flies like an angel. Have had no issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

Hello,

Tested this upgrade thoroughly yesterday on 2 H's. I learned that you must keep the throttle down when landing until the motors go into "idle" mode. If not, it 'can' jump back up. I say 'can' because it doesn't seem to do it every time, but when keeping the throttle down it doesn't do it at all. Give that a try.
Also, when landing with a wind, orient the landing gear into the wind (gear bumpers perpendicular to the direction of the wind), this will avoid tip overs if the wind grabs the unit as it's setting down. wind ---------> |----O----|

Tested this upgrade thoroughly yesterday on 2 H's. I learned that you must keep the throttle down when landing until the motors go into "idle" mode. If not, it 'can' jump back up. I say 'can' because it doesn't seem to do it every time, but when keeping the throttle down it doesn't do it at all. Give that a try.
Also, when landing with a wind, orient the landing gear into the wind (gear bumpers perpendicular to the direction of the wind), this will avoid tip overs if the wind grabs the unit as it's setting down. wind ---------> |----O----|

Have been writing (and reading) about the throttle stick a lot, at this forum and everywhere. And seen video's.
I land like that since I have got mine. Was @firmware 3.0. Never had any issue.

I did all updates (first one by SD-card, later by OTA) and H flies like an angel. Have had no issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

That great to hear. When Yuneec released their last firmware update at the end of 2016 I updated my H as soon as it was released. Then like many others I started having issues like I mentioned in my previous post. I sent it in to Yuneec and all is good now. My H is flying perfect on the 2016 firmware right now. I want to enjoy flying it right now. I'm going to wait a while before I update to this latest latest firmware release to give it time to be thoroughly tested by the experianced members on this forum. Is there a thread already started where members can report how their H is flying after the latest update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace