Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some of my experiences with the Typhoon H

Does the H have Auto Land?
In the Home mode, yes. I used Home once and it didn't seem to be headed to where I took off from and I wondered if maybe it was headed to where I had turned it on at (on a table) so I cancelled that right away and haven't tried it since).

Here is what the manual says (from version posted by DroneClone):

LANDING - There are two ways to land Typhoon H:
1) Position Typhoon H above the area where you would like to land. Slowly lower
the left-hand stick to below the center position. Typhoon H will descend slowly and
land. After Typhoon H lands, press and hold the START/STOP button until the
motor stops.
2) Activate Home Mode and Typhoon H will automatically fly itself back to the
home point and land.

Does the H have Auto Land?
With the Q5004K I often use return to home to land. It then just lands in autopilot. It lands very smoothly. The most dangerous landings are in high wind conditions. During touch down there is nothing a multirotor can do to compensate for wind. That combined with ground-rotor-wash can make landing in gusty wind very iffy.

In the Home mode, yes. I used Home once and it didn't seem to be headed to where I took off from and I wondered if maybe it was headed to where I had turned it on at (on a table) so I cancelled that right away and haven't tried it since).

the left-hand stick to below the center position. Typhoon H will descend slowly and
motor stops.
home point and land.
Home Point is established when you power on both controller and craft and it establishes satellite signals. Where you are when it does this is Home Point. There should be options that allow where ever the controller is will become HP too, I am sure it must, but it may not be as DJI

With the Q5004K I often use return to home to land. It then just lands in autopilot. It lands very smoothly. The most dangerous landings are in high wind conditions. During touch down there is nothing a multirotor can do to compensate for wind. That combined with ground-rotor-wash can make landing in gusty wind very iffy.
Agree 100%

Home Point is established when you power on both controller and craft and it establishes satellite signals. Where you are when it does this is Home Point. There should be options that allow where ever the controller is will become HP too, I am sure it must, but it may not be as DJI
When I walk away from where I was when I took off, my Q5004k will adjust and land near me at my current altitude when I choose return to home. I believe that is what Yuneek refers to as "dynamic" return to home.

Reactions: DroneClone

motor stops.
home point and land.
Yes if controller was on, and you turned it on at a table, walked 20 feet to a take off spot, it would return to home to the table, DJI has a option to follow controller as home point instead of take off, or start up point.

When I walk away from where I was when I took off, my Q5004k will adjust and land near me at my current altitude when I choose return to home. I believe that is what Yuneek refers to as "dynamic" return to home.
Thanks, good to know!. But if you are not in dynamic RTH, will it just head and land at the spot it took off?

Videos by all the guros will be flooding youtube very soon as some have already and will be way more detailed and informative than the manual!

These are from my Q5004k manual.

In Home Mode the GPS connectivity
will fly back the TYPHOON, and
automatically land within 13-26 ft
(4-8m) of the pilot.

When flying higher than 33 feet (10 meters) the TYPHOON will maintain the
current altitude, fly back to the home point, , or active home point if the ST10+
has enough satellites for Follow Me, then descend vertically until it lands.

Reactions: DroneClone
These are from my Q5004k manual.

In Home Mode the GPS connectivity
will fly back the TYPHOON, and
automatically land within 13-26 ft
(4-8m) of the pilot.

When flying higher than 33 feet (10 meters) the TYPHOON will maintain the
current altitude, fly back to the home point, , or active home point if the ST10+
has enough satellites for Follow Me, then descend vertically until it lands.
So it seems as long as you have satellites connected to the ground station, the Q500 will always land within 13-26 feet of your current position. I assume the "H" will be the same... Yes here it is in the H documentation:

Dynamic Return to Home
Simply switch to Home Mode and Typhoon H will return and land within 26 feet (8 meters) of you.

So it seems as long as you have satellites connected to the ground station, the Q500 will always land within 13-26 feet of your current position. I assume the "H" will be the same... Yes here it is in the H documentation:

Dynamic Return to Home
Simply switch to Home Mode and Typhoon H will return and land within 26 feet (8 meters) of you.
Excellent, Thank you !

I just performed 3 consecutive landings and Home landed pretty smoothly (but not perfect, by any means) and about 10' away from where it was turned on and lifted off. The Angle mode seemed to work out best. In Smart mode it climbed back up a few feet after touching down and releasing the stick. On the next touch down I immediately killed power and that worked out well but it's a bit awkward since the power button is operated by the same hand as the left stick.

Got more farm work to do later tonight but took a break and did some more flying despite pretty strong winds still (21 MPH per weather.com). I took it out over the open field and put it in Angle mode, either getting more confident or stupid, and raced it around. Got it up to 29 MPH ground speed and went just as fast against the wind as with the wind. My computer is acting up, needs re-booting, and my Internet is not that fast, so not sure if I'll get around to uploading my hodge podge of videos I shot. In any event, I had a blast! :)

Here I think I was flying at about 75' above ground in winds reportedly of 21 MPH. This was taking with my mobile phone (LG G4) to show how the H coped with the winds while hovering.

Reactions: Skypicswa
Oh, and I took it out to about 575' and had just a slight flickering of video feed, not enough to cause me any concern.

Oh, and I took it out to about 575' and had just a slight flickering of video feed, not enough to cause me any concern.
It's my understanding you can already get Long range Ants installed. My drone dealer has got some on order, interesting.

It's my understanding you can already get Long range Ants installed. My drone dealer has got some on order, interesting.
I figure I'll probably get some long range antennas when available, though somewhat concerned about how directional they'll be. I'd like to be able to fly to the farthest corner of a field I farm which is maybe 3,500' from my house.

Sounds like a plan Harvey. I want to be able not to lose video to controller for 1km in all conditions. I'd be stoked with that

I just performed 3 consecutive landings and Home landed pretty smoothly (but not perfect, by any means) and about 10' away from where it was turned on and lifted off. The Angle mode seemed to work out best. In Smart mode it climbed back up a few feet after touching down and releasing the stick. On the next touch down I immediately killed power and that worked out well but it's a bit awkward since the power button is operated by the same hand as the left stick.
When/If the VPS module is available, I am sure it will eliminate the rough landings. Does the Yuneec have a IMU calibration? If it does, it may need calibration from all the bouncing around in shipments, that can play a factor in this issue. Are any others with the H out there, experiencing this issue???

When/If the VPS module is available, I am sure it will eliminate the rough landings. Does the Yuneec have a IMU calibration? If it does, it may need calibration from all the bouncing around in shipments, that can play a factor in this issue. Are any others with the H out there, experiencing this issue???
What is IMU?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech