Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some of my experiences with the Typhoon H

He was a few times, he mentioned to me that in angle it was better, but smart is when it acted up his first flight, I asked him and he's out right now and will be back, but I feel he may have been in "The dreaded smart mode 26' circle of death" Yuneec needs to empathize this much more, even get rid of the useless ****!
Unfortunately there is NO way to get rid of the "safety circle" with the GUI. You can override the Max distance from ground station as well as the Max ceiling. I think we should be able to sign off that we understand the danger of hitting ourselves and have full control of the settings.

Reactions: DroneClone
Unfortunately there is NO way to get rid of the "safety circle" with the GUI. You can override the Max distance from ground station as well as the Max ceiling. I think we should be able to sign off that we understand the danger of hitting ourselves and have full control of the settings.
Agree, Harvey informed me he was aware and outside the Circle of Death, I for one, will back him up to Yuneec, that his H has some sort of cliche that needs attention !

As far as I am concerned the only time I ever use "Smart" mode is when I loose orientation of the UAV. I switch to "Smart" mode and pull back on the right stick. Once I get a grasp of orientation, I switch back to Angle/pilot mode.

I was in angle mode during the crash. I calibrated the compass before my first light.
I know how carefully you have studied the H and I know we have had many conversations about it's functions, I know it is a bug issue and I am sure Yuneec will replace your faulty unit very soon !

As far as I am concerned the only time I ever use "Smart" mode is when I loose orientation of the UAV. I switch to "Smart" mode and pull back on the right stick. Once I get a grasp of orientation, I switch back to Angle/pilot mode.
How it should be used !

I agree Jimmy, I asked him if he did one, but Yuneec does not even mention IMU in manual or how to get to it in settings, They are bad, just like DJI was, until people made videos of how to do them, I do my P2,3 and 4 after every upgrade and have had no issues, except one time my P3 flew crazily wild and crashed after firmware update, imu, compass and gimbal cali. They need more info for newbies and first time Yuneec flyers!

I can't believe Yuneec has not put up an updated manual yet since the H's are in the field.

I think Yuneec refers to the IMU as the Accelerometer calibration.

I was in angle mode during the crash. I calibrated the compass before my first light.
Sorry about your crash. Hopefully the flight log can shed light on what happened to your rogue copter. Have you verified the SD card is in the ST16?

This silly "safety circle" thingie sounds like something I'll be turning off as soon as it arrives. If it's not an option, I'll make it one.
Been told you can't turn it off, but if you fly in Angle mode it is not functional, and Angle Mode is what most of us DJI flyers would call "P" Mode, so that will shut the damned thing off!

He was a few times, he mentioned to me that in angle it was better, but smart is when it acted up his first flight, I asked him and he's out right now and will be back, but I feel he may have been in "The dreaded smart mode 26' circle of death" Yuneec needs to empathize this much more, even get rid of the useless ****!

Agreed. I have experienced this smart mode circle of death first hand. I was flying my Q500 4K less than 20 feet away using a newly purchased wizard when I inadvertently switched into smart. This resulted in the aircraft flying straight into the fence behind me.

Agreed. I have experienced this smart mode circle of death first hand. I was flying my Q500 4K less than 20 feet away using a newly purchased wizard when I inadvertently switched into smart. This resulted in the aircraft flying straight into the fence behind me.
The "Safety Circle" IMHO makes the "Smart" mode dangerous. I think with all the bad "drone" press, Yuneec is trying to be PC and advertise all the "safety" features their UAV's have.

The "Safety Circle" IMHO makes the "Smart" mode dangerous. I think with all the bad "drone" press, Yuneec is trying to be PC and advertise all the "safety" features their UAV's have.
But like you stated it is much more dangerous, especially if you have people around while taking off!

When/If the VPS module is available, I am sure it will eliminate the rough landings. Does the Yuneec have a IMU calibration? If it does, it may need calibration from all the bouncing around in shipments, that can play a factor in this issue. Are any others with the H out there, experiencing this issue???
Does it have dual gps like the P4?

Sorry about your crash. Hopefully the flight log can shed light on what happened to your rogue copter. Have you verified the SD card is in the ST16?
I was recording a video at the time of the crash. Upon crashing, I handed the ST-16 to my son who turned it off after asking me and I forgot to stop the recording and thought I may have lost the video but it seems to have been saved okay to the card. I was unable to opened it at the first attempt with my video editing software (Corel VideoStudioX9 gives message "file formant mismatch") but am in process of uploading this as an unlisted video on Youtube and it seems to be progressing okay). I don't know if I will share this publicly - don't care to get the DJI trolls fired up and would prefer to give Yuneec a chance to look at it first.

New to the forum. New to drones. I had the same issue for my first and only flight on Thursday night. When trying to land using only the left control and pulling down, the H kept wanting to tip forward. I took it up about 3 ft then attempted x2 more times and same thing. Last attempt it came down kinda hard then I killed the motors. Haven't had a chance to fly it again because high winds. Any suggestions? I will mention it was in smart mode. I also noticed about a minute and a half for H boot up and camera sync. Seems kinda long.
Dom - any more landing events to report???

I was recording a video at the time of the crash. Upon crashing, I handed the ST-16 to my son who turned it off after asking me and I forgot to stop the recording and thought I may have lost the video but it seems to have been saved okay to the card. I was unable to opened it at the first attempt with my video editing software (Corel VideoStudioX9 gives message "file formant mismatch") but am in process of uploading this as an unlisted video on Youtube and it seems to be progressing okay). I don't know if I will share this publicly - don't care to get the DJI trolls fired up and would prefer to give Yuneec a chance to look at it first.
There is a microSD in the CGO3+ and a second microSD in the ST16 under the battery. The SD in ST16 records flight data that can be used to analyze a flight/crash - like the black box of a plane.

There is no microSD in the bottom of the ST16. I thought you meant under the battery itself (i.e., in the batter compartment but finally realized that you mean the edge of the controller facing the operator.

In all the flipping around of the ST16 I discovered I've got something inside that rolls around quite a bit some of the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt