Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some of my experiences with the Typhoon H

Thanks for the heads up that looks to be an option as there is no way I checking the "H" TSA will have a field day with it next thing I know I look out the airplane window and I see the "H" flying around and I get into trouble because of the 5 mile rule after they crash it.
what are the dimensions of the H when folded up? One thing I am considering is there is a Pelican case (Pelican 1510-000-110 Carry On Case -- 13.81 x 9 x 22) that would fit carry-on dimensions, but it has a pick-foam insert so you can customize the interior (so I wouldn't have to rely on the Yuneec foam case)....could you possible pack the H on its side for transport?
My H is shipped off back to Yuneec for evaluation and repairs, etc. With the legs attached, I think it's about 12" wide. If the legs are removed and arms folded down it is about 9" wide. I think the best option is the one I mentioned above - legs and camera off and arms partially folded up.

Reactions: Dariusmixich
I contacted Yuneec about my problems on Monday and sent them the crash video. I had a return label sent to me at the end of the day and I shipped it back on Tuesday. Yuneec shipped me a replacement last night which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. My return was just delivered to them now. Hope to hear what issues they find but service has been outstanding.

I contacted Yuneec about my problems on Monday and sent them the crash video. I had a return label sent to me at the end of the day and I shipped it back on Tuesday. Yuneec shipped me a replacement last night which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. My return was just delivered to them now. Hope to hear what issues they find but service has been outstanding.
I got my label within 12 hours of initial contact and had it dropped off at UPS the same day. I also sent my controller for the fan issue and the dead battery.

Any one figure out how to Format the SD card in the camera? I must be blind, I can't find the setting to FORMAT SD CARD.

Also, having to take the SD card out of the camera each time one wishes to download photos/video is a pain, and it will most likely damage the camera SD socket eventually. That was a bad design. There should have been a simpler way of getting pictures and video off the drone.

I didn't bother to format my new Sandisk card and it worked fine. I wonder if one can transfer files wirelessly.

As I laid my H into it's foam case I remembered reading someone today asking about the dimensions of the case as they didn't like the looks of the backpack and wanted to buy a hard case. The foam case itself measures approximately 19.25" x 15.625" x 10.875". I think that 10.875" measurement is a no go for carry-on baggage for many aircraft.

That was me Harvey.. Thanks for the info.
Thought it might work with the q500 hard case but its a tick to wide as i see now.. Mine came in today and was able to see the difference.. Dang thought it might be close.

Reactions: HarveyC
Pretty windy here but not bad at ground level so just took my replacement up for a quick spin, Angle mode, obstacle avoidance off. Got blown around a bit when 40' above ground but handled well, came back, landing was very smooth, nothing like I had before! :)

Any one figure out how to Format the SD card in the camera? I must be blind, I can't find the setting to FORMAT SD CARD.

Also, having to take the SD card out of the camera each time one wishes to download photos/video is a pain, and it will most likely damage the camera SD socket eventually. That was a bad design. There should have been a simpler way of getting pictures and video off the drone.

I agree, I had to format it on the transmitter and it was a pain to even get it in the slot. I had to drag my files to my desktop first cause I did not format while it was in the camera.

I did another flight, all in Angle mode with obstacle avoidance off. Still gusty once I got a ways off the ground but the H did a good job handling the winds (reportedly 18 MPH but I think some gusts were stronger). Landing went so well the first time I decided to see how it handled coming straight down with the throttle all the way down so at 25' or so high I lowered the landing gear I pulled the throttle all the way down and it came down at a pretty fast speed but slowed down at somewhere maybe 6-10' above ground and came down slowly and motors slowed down. Very smooth landing, no brainer, too easy almost.

We have chance of rain tomorrow and winds but hope for some better chances on Sunday.

I need to spend some time figuring out camera controls more and look into ordering some filters. Getting brave, order a set of FPVLR antennas tonight.

Here's a portion of the maiden flight with my replacement received today, having a little fun and enjoying a smooth landing. Wind was about 18 MPH at the time (less at ground level where I'm landing since it's protected by trees) but some gusts seemed stronger.

Reactions: yuneec53
A question on "shutting down" procedure Simon, what's your opinion on using the red 'start/stop' button on the top left of the ST16 instead of the throttle down? Have you tried it yet, if so, how did it go?

Harvey C, don't take this the wrong way, but I find it totally galling to think you're flying a replacement H, while some people - ME! - have yet to receive anything at all..... Again, not your problem I know, but Sheesh!

Harvey C, don't take this the wrong way, but I find it totally galling to think you're flying a replacement H, while some people - ME! - have yet to receive anything at all..... Again, not your problem I know, but Sheesh!

A definite plus is you have the benefit knowing some of the problems people are having so far.
The power loss issue is really good to know.

Chilcotin, I appreciate your advice that people STILL awaiting their H's have the advantage of knowing some of the problems you're experiencing, but that reminds me of millionaires telling me money doesn't buy happiness........ Here's a newsflash ....... I'd like the opportunity of at least testing out that advice before I decide!

Chris, if it makes you feel better, I do feel a little bit guilty. Of course, units that were shipped to the U.S. were done so without the plans of them being used as my replacement, etc. Glider also has his replacement already. I've read of folks that pre-ordered from Yuneec here in the U.S. who haven't received their units yet either and that sucks for sure. I did pay a little extra with some scratches on my pickup rear fender which I'm willing to live with (it rarely gets washed and dirt will cover it up). You're welcome to come here and take mine for a spin as long as you're not in a horizontal position when doing so. :) While you're here you can have some fun shooting some guns at targets, etc. which I hear you are also deprived of. Just not fair, that's for sure.

Regarding the use of the red power button I'm using it the way Simon does and how Yuneec support staff have told me, you only hit the red power button after the motors idle down. The manual does not indicate this but the throttle stick can be brought all the way down at landing to bring the motors to an idle. Yuneec support told me just be sure not to quickly release the throttle stick as the spring action might allow it to snap back up and beyond the center position, leading to take-off. The power button is depressed after landing and after motors idle down. On my first unit I had to use the power button to quickly stop the motors before the H would tip over.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
I picked up the 3 pack polar pro ND filters from my local BestBuy yesterday, it was the last pack too! For $50 I think it's a good deal and a good starting point. Can't wait to try them out !

I picked up a pack of these at Best Buy last night - also the last pack!. I'm looking forward to trying them out when my Typhoon H arrives in a couple of weeks.

I also snagged a 3-pack filter set from PolarPro. If you order directly from their site you will get a free filter case. Same price as BB. Free shipping, no tax. Just click on the link at the top right of this page. Right now they have a 15% off code so a little cheaper than BB.

Chilcotin, I appreciate your advice that people STILL awaiting their H's have the advantage of knowing some of the problems you're experiencing, but that reminds me of millionaires telling me money doesn't buy happiness........ Here's a newsflash ....... I'd like the opportunity of at least testing out that advice before I decide!

Actually, I am still waiting fore mine. Pre-ordered 9 April:(

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my