Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some questions regarding the CGO3 camera

Reaction score
Hey Pilots,

I have some questions regarding the CGO3 camera.

1. Sometime the camera will disappear after replacing the battery of the H on the field. I remember there were some post mentioned before but I can't see any updates. In my case, the CGO3 camera sometime will disappear after replacing the H battery on the field. My ST16 keeps turn on through the whole time, what I did is switch off the H, replace battery, turn on the H. The RC connection will easily hook up, but the WIFI just keep connecting and seems never done (waiting for 10-15min). Go into the system tab, the CGO3 camera is not there. Sometime restarting the H will work, but sometime it doesn't. If restarting doesn't work, I have to remove all the props, shut down the H and ST16, then turn on the H first, then ST16, and try if it could hook it up or need a rebinding to the base (exactly the CGO3 camera binding procedure mentioned in the manual). Anyone have a better idea or solution to minimize the chance that lose the CGO3?
[UPDATE: I got a nice reply from other member that I should better shut down the ST16 together with TH and restart them after the battery swap, will do that on next flight ;)]

2. Camera not pointing forward at the FollowMode (pan switch UP position) and/or no response to rotation to the pan knobs. This mostly happen after I do a compass calibration, the camera mostly will sitting somewhere wrong. For fixing, what I will do is switch off and on again the H after compass calibration....

Any pilots have the similar situation, do you have a better fix or some way to prevent them to be happened??

Welcome to discuss!

Remove the camera and check the contact points to assure they are all engaging between the airframe and the gimbal. Clean the contacts with alcohol prior to refitting the gimbal.

You are losing camera and control because of a communications fault or losing bind with the camera. The battery hot swaps were likely causing loss of bind. It's not smart to try to rush the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My procedure:
1. Compass calibration is always done without the camera to avoid undue stress on the gimbal.
2. Camera is detached and reattached with the H powered off.

Remove the camera from the ST16 and pair it up again. Try flashing the firmware for H and ST16 to are if that fixes the issue.

Hey Pilots,

I have some questions regarding the CGO3 camera.

1. Sometime the camera will disappear after replacing the battery of the H on the field. I remember there were some post mentioned before but I can't see any updates. In my case, the CGO3 camera sometime will disappear after replacing the H battery on the field. My ST16 keeps turn on through the whole time, what I did is switch off the H, replace battery, turn on the H. The RC connection will easily hook up, but the WIFI just keep connecting and seems never done (waiting for 10-15min). Go into the system tab, the CGO3 camera is not there. Sometime restarting the H will work, but sometime it doesn't. If restarting doesn't work, I have to remove all the props, shut down the H and ST16, then turn on the H first, then ST16, and try if it could hook it up or need a rebinding to the base (exactly the CGO3 camera binding procedure mentioned in the manual). Anyone have a better idea or solution to minimize the chance that lose the CGO3?
[UPDATE: I got a nice reply from other member that I should better shut down the ST16 together with TH and restart them after the battery swap, will do that on next flight ;)]

2. Camera not pointing forward at the FollowMode (pan switch UP position) and/or no response to rotation to the pan knobs. This mostly happen after I do a compass calibration, the camera mostly will sitting somewhere wrong. For fixing, what I will do is switch off and on again the H after compass calibration....

Any pilots have the similar situation, do you have a better fix or some way to prevent them to be happened??

Welcome to discuss!
Just a couple comments for you. When starting, always turn on the ST 16 first, then the H. Do not touch the H while it is initializing. Then when shutting down, always turn off the H first and then the ST 16 last.

Just a couple comments for you. When starting, always turn on the ST 16 first, then the H. Do not touch the H while it is initializing. Then when shutting down, always turn off the H first and then the ST 16 last.

I'm always on this routine :)

Remove the camera and check the contact points to assure they are all engaging between the airframe and the gimbal. Clean the contacts with alcohol prior to refitting the gimbal.

You are losing camera and control because of a communications fault or losing bind with the camera. The battery hot swaps were likely causing loss of bind. It's not smart to try to rush the process.

Will test it and reports

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430