Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SOMETHING ODD I FOUND, CAN YOU TEST?

Your can and have to, to set settings in the GUI, what I do to test motors my friend!

First, you DON'T "have to, to set settings in GUI". In regards to settings, it would make no difference. Second, you're not a technician. If you want to take the chance of damaging your motors (and, yes, you ARE taking that chance), then you have a right to do that...however, don't go suggesting others should do that. Talk with any drone technician, and they WILL tell you to NEVER start the Typhoon H motors without props attached. Again, the ESC detects resistance, which is how it detects a motor failure, thus the ESC will be tricked into believing that at least one motor (if not more) has failed Before you continue giving out "advice" that can potential damage other people's drones, you should consider contacting Yuneec, & talking with their technicians about the matter...unless, that is, you have no morals, care less about other people & their property, and are just looking forward to people who have followed your "advice" coming after you, due to their drone being damaged (or worse).

First, you DON'T "have to, to set settings in GUI". In regards to settings, it would make no difference. Second, you're not a technician. If you want to take the chance of damaging your motors (and, yes, you ARE taking that chance), then you have a right to do that...however, don't go suggesting others should do that. Talk with any drone technician, and they WILL tell you to NEVER start the Typhoon H motors without props attached. Again, the ESC detects resistance, which is how it detects a motor failure, thus the ESC will be tricked into believing that at least one motor (if not more) has failed Before you continue giving out "advice" that can potential damage other people's drones, you should consider contacting Yuneec, & talking with their technicians about the matter...unless, that is, you have no morals, care less about other people & their property, and are just looking forward to people who have followed your "advice" coming after you, due to their drone being damaged (or worse).

Did not DC mean to test your motors from within the GUI.

Perfectly fine to run them up to speed without props when the H is connected to the GUI.

Reactions: abinder

Perfectly fine to run them up to speed without props when the H is connected to the GUI.
My bad...well, in part. When I initially responded, it was mostly in connection to DC's original post, and, in that post, there was no mention of using the software GUI. If you're running 'TyphoonHGUI', that could be a different story. But, when running the drone's motors directly from the ST16, that's a BIG "no-no".

DC is a technician and a Engineer, DC knows about not running motors off the GUI is not good, I was referring to a faulty PRO I received back from Y, man you need to walk onto this forum a little lighter my friend! By the way, I have morals, and my friends on here would not scream their motor outside of the GUI !

You are directed to make adjustments, check motors, accelerometer and other components on the GUI by the way, no maybe about it!

Reactions: abinder
...or so you hope. You might want to read my reply to DroneClone, as well as the comment left by K2BLS (also directed at DroneClone.

In my personal opinion: If a short motor run without props was to permanently damage the motors then the H would be far less resilient than I would expect.

A long run without props is definitely a bad idea, even negletful usage.

But honestly, you shouldnt think that this short "tests" will destroy the motors. Definitely will put unnecessary stress, but nothing compared to regular wear and tear from regular operation.

True Jimmy Lee

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline