Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Speed decrease

Reaction score
Any idea why I would have a sudden decrease in ground speed. It's not in turtle mode, OBS is off. Connected to GUI and everything appears normal. My ground speed tops off at 10mph.

It sounds like the drone is detecting one of a number of conditions that restrict the airspeed.

1) Landing - is the altitude correct on the ST16 screen. Log files will be able to record the altitude, have a look through the telemetry files on the ST16. Possibly the altimeter is faulty? May need to calibrate your accelerometer... don't do this in the wind!

2) Stuck in Turtle Mode - Look at the output in the 'Hardware Monitor' in the System Settings button, on the ST16 and make sure the switch is outputting the correct output.

3) RealSence or object collision is active - again check the switch is functioning correctly in the hardware monitor.

4) You are flying in Smart Mode - speed is limited to 13mph (Follow me limits to 43.5mph and Angle Mode 30mph)

5) Use the latest firmware - there was an improvement to the speed of the drone in an earlier firmware update. Got the latest?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: THoff
Take a look at the hardware monitor and see if your turtle slider's getting full range of motion. Also check the flight-mode switch. Mine failed into safe mode a month ago and I'm still waiting for repairs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece