Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 10+ low battery warning after only a few minutes

Reaction score
Hi. I have had my Q500 4k for a year with no problems. I had not used it for about 3 months and when I did so, I got the 'dreaded' vibration and low battery warning after only 2 minutes of flight. I tried 3 batteries, all the same effect. When I checked them with a battery checker the voltage was around 11.6v after the flights. The batteries are obviously OK but for some reason the ST10+ is showing them as being discharged even though the start up voltage was about 11.6v. Any ideas please?

They should be 12.6 when fully charged. I think you need to check the charger.

Being a reasonably new 'droner' I wouldn't have thought that the extra volt [11.6 to 12.6v] could make that much difference to the overall flight time, ie about 3 mins. at 11.6v and up to 15 mins at 12.6v. However I'll try a better charger to see if that works. However thanks for taking the trouble to reply so quickly

Your batteries are shot...
Jmo.
Good luck,
Jafo
The batteries may be bad, but you can't make any determination until they are fully charged.
Being a reasonably new 'droner' I wouldn't have thought that the extra volt [11.6 to 12.6v] could make that much difference to the overall flight time, ie about 3 mins. at 11.6v and up to 15 mins at 12.6v. However I'll try a better charger to see if that works. However thanks for taking the trouble to reply so quickly
After you have a fully charged battery, watch the voltage on the ST10 when you turn on the motors. Then hover a few feet off the ground and continue to watch the voltage drop against the time elapsed.

The batteries may be bad, but you can't make any determination until they are fully charged.
Oh yes. I agree completely.
I'm just betting the charger is okay and what he described was what we all see when we confirm a battery we think is bad.
I hope I'm wrong.
A new charger is cheaper than new batteries.
:)

I'm having the same issue or problem with my q500 4k. Both batteries fully charged. Read 12.4v-12.6v on my st10+ controller screen. I get the same alarm in less then 10 minutes of flight time, an I'm using turtle power. Are my batteries bad?

10 minutes on a used stock battery can be about right.
i never got more than about 14 minutes when they were new.
Make my own 8200mah batteries now and get about 22-24 minutes. (Don't ask.It's not easy. lol)
Good luck,
Jafo

Reactions: Pianoman_NY
I got 18 minutes on my second flight today(bought new yesterday), camera mounted recording 17.5 minutes of 4k video

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone