Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ Volume ?

Reaction score
When I first turn on my ST10+ its very loud, is there a volume control to lower the start up volume?

There is a you tube video out there somewhere about modifying / hacking your boot screen. It also tells you how to change the mp3 sound file that is that very loud boot up sound you refer to. It is not for the faint of heart but not impossible by any means. Any how what I did was use the instructions to "extract" a copy of the sound file to my pc then ran the sound file through a free shareware program called mp3gain. If you analyze it first you see it is at over 100 dB if I recall correctly. I set the gain to something like 60 dB then pushed it back into the ST10+ and now have a far more reasonable sound level at boot up. However, you have to redo this everytime you upgrade the ST10+ firmware because your modified file gets overwritten on an upgrade.

Good Luck!

There is a you tube video out there somewhere about modifying / hacking your boot screen. It also tells you how to change the mp3 sound file that is that very loud boot up sound you refer to. It is not for the faint of heart but not impossible by any means. Any how what I did was use the instructions to "extract" a copy of the sound file to my pc then ran the sound file through a free shareware program called mp3gain. If you analyze it first you see it is at over 100 dB if I recall correctly. I set the gain to something like 60 dB then pushed it back into the ST10+ and now have a far more reasonable sound level at boot up. However, you have to redo this everytime you upgrade the ST10+ firmware because your modified file gets overwritten on an upgrade.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the tip Slow...sounds like a lot of work to change the volume...I will probably keep trying to ignore that annoying boot up sound

I don't think it's too loud when you start the ST10+ outside, though it startled me when I started the system first time inside the house. I think the volume was set with outside use in mind. :)

When I first turn on my ST10+ its very loud, is there a volume control to lower the start up volume?
hi
one person on this site placed a cloth tape over the speaker vents on the back side of the ST-10 and he said it lowered the sound to an tolerable DB , worth a try you can always take the tape off . there is also a plus and minus volume control on the face of the ST-10 ( lower left side below screen ) but it will not adjust the start up volume just outer bells and chimes .

Last edited:
Watch this youtube video how to install the ADB drivers for your computer:

You don't need to enable root!
Activate the USB debugging mode (see the video)
Run the following command in the terminal: adb shell am start -a "android.settings.SOUND_SETTINGS"
Then select "vibrate".

post-39414-0-18699100-1458289735.png

This will shut-off all sounds of the ST10+, instead it will only vibrate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval