Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 3rd Antenna

Reaction score
Yes, I know there are already multiple threads about this, but searching them for info has become pretty complex and confusing.

So, just to let all know...Yuneec does now sell the 3rd mushroom antenna for the ST16 for those of us who want to upgrade our standard ST16 to the Pro version. I just ordered one from Yuneec for $6.49.

However, they couldn't help me with the cable needed to attach the existing internal antenna. Can someone please provide a link to an appropriate cable?

You may find it to be to short when you screw on the antenna. If so, just leave the washer off the connector.

Yes, I know there are already multiple threads about this, but searching them for info has become pretty complex and confusing.

So, just to let all know...Yuneec does now sell the 3rd mushroom antenna for the ST16 for those of us who want to upgrade our standard ST16 to the Pro version. I just ordered one from Yuneec for $6.49.

However, they couldn't help me with the cable needed to attach the existing internal antenna. Can someone please provide a link to an appropriate cable?
Can you post a link to the antenna?

Bill W.

Can you post a link to the antenna?

Bill W.
No link to post, Bill... I just called Yuneec CS, who transferred me to their parts department, and ordered direct. Just make sure you clarify you want the rectangular antenna, not just the round you already have.

Reactions: Steve Carr
No link to post, Bill... I just called Yuneec CS, who transferred me to their parts department, and ordered direct. Just make sure you clarify you want the rectangular antenna, not just the round you already have.
Its that flat antenna that comes with the 3 antenna versuon right? Is it supposed to be better connection?

Bill W.

Yes...the rectangular 3rd antenna that comes with the Pro version ST16. All this does is bring the existing 3rd internal antenna outside of the ST16.

As far as better connection? Depends. For those who fly in wide open areas, probably not noticeable at all. But, for those like me who fly from within not so open areas, it should help maintain telemetry and less frequent dropouts. My take is it won't even help that unless we do the upgrade on the H itself to bring the antennas external, which I'm also doing (as on the pro version as well).

Regardless, the whole system still relies on line of sight and distance/connection reliability that will always be affected by the surrounding terrain and obstructions. But, my only goal is to have reliable telemetry connection approximate the distance at which I fly, max around 1,000 to 1,500 feet.

Sorry I'm confused .. I have the same ST16 as you and it has one dipole antenna and one round short mushroom antenna for the video. Don't you just need the second dipole antenna (shaped like a pencil) vs replacing the video short stubby one?

Thanks!

Sorry I'm confused .. I have the same ST16 as you and it has one dipole antenna and one round short mushroom antenna for the video. Don't you just need the second dipole antenna (shaped like a pencil) vs replacing the video short stubby one?

Thanks!
That is true. I just wonder if the flat one for video is better.

Bill W.

Thanks!
Sorry for the confusion, but to confirm...yes, I do have the standard ST16, for which I've already upgraded to FPVLRs (photo attached) So, I'm adding the new flat topped mushroom antenna (as on the ST16 Pro) to connect the internal 3rd antenna simply to get better telemetry (see attached). Hope this helps clarify.

Attachments

• 3rd antenna .jpg
    3rd antenna .jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 30
  • FPVLRs.jpg
    FPVLRs.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 27

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members