Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Ate My SD Card!

Reaction score
No joke. Tried to insert it to update the firmware, and the updater said nothing was present on the card (wrong). Pressing it in slightly to spring release it caused to to eject (apparently) inside the ST16 and I can hear it rattling around.

Off to Best Buy to get another card (and maybe Home Depot to get some torx drivers to take it apart eventually).

Sheesh - what build quality.

You are not alone ;)

For the next time, try to expand your card with some scotch tape

2agt4jo.jpg

Firmware updates aside, if you are going to transfer files a lot from the ST16 to your computer I would suggest using the supplied cable that comes with the H. Attach it between the ST16 and computer and it will mount like any drive.

I also use an OTG cable so I can use a normal USB stick to transfer files out on the field.

No joke. Tried to insert it to update the firmware, and the updater said nothing was present on the card (wrong). Pressing it in slightly to spring release it caused to to eject (apparently) inside the ST16 and I can hear it rattling around.

Off to Best Buy to get another card (and maybe Home Depot to get some torx drivers to take it apart eventually).

Sheesh - what build quality.
Welcome to the "club", son.:(

Same thing happened to me this morning. Called Yuneec and they walked me through loostening the back enough to shake the card out. Didn't want to fly and risk it shorting something.

Same thing happened to me this morning. Called Yuneec and they walked me through loostening the back enough to shake the card out. Didn't want to fly and risk it shorting something.

Thanks for tips guys!

Did you loosen all 10 back screws, or just some - and how much?

Thanks for tips guys!

Did you loosen all 10 back screws, or just some - and how much?

I loostened them all, but Yuneec told me that I just needed to loosten the four screws behind the two hand grips and the two next to the battery and it should come apart enough for the card to fall out.

hey guys...

i had the same experience... but i found out something... depending of the card that happens or not...

( sorry my poor english... im portuguese)
some cards are more tick then others...
i had a hard time to take one... but another one ( from diferent brand ) eject very easily...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval