Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Battery Charging Settings

Reaction score
I have a Hi-Tec AC Plus 4 port charger. What settings should the Yuneec ST16 controller battery be charged at? I read up and thought 8.7amps and 3.7 volts (the two settings variables on the charger) but it only has settings for up to 6amps and 3/6 volts.

Thanks in advance.

Donald.20161219_165049.jpg

Sorry, I found Lithium Ion settings. What should amp be set to, thanks?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In a perfect world, 0.7C. Multiply 8.7 by .7. Call it 6A for round numbers. You can set it for less. Just takes a little longer as long as it does not time out. That's another user adjustable setting in the charger. Read the instructions for more info on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a curios question, the 0.7c factor is only for "safety" in this case, or Li-ion should not be charging at 1C like Lipo? Because I just ordered a cable and want to charge my ST16 battery with my external charger, I don't want my battery get spoiled.

In a perfect world, 0.7C. Multiply 8.7 by .7. Call it 6A for round numbers. You can set it for less. Just takes a little longer as long as it does not time out. That's another user adjustable setting in the charger. Read the instructions for more info on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix