Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Battery life

Reaction score
Since several of you have been flying for a week or more, what is the battery life of the ST16 like.
Could I go through 4-5 batteries on the H before it need to be recharged?

I get mine wensday can wait for an answer!LOL no I heard on here the other day someone said they got about 10? My st10 is only about 5,that's limit for my taste.

Since several of you have been flying for a week or more, what is the battery life of the ST16 like.
I flew 3 full batteries yesterday, 2 batteries the day before (forgot to charge the controller) demoed the ST16 for envious P4 pilots, and played with another pilot's FPV glasses attached to the ST16. When I got home ST16 battery was at +75%, took about an hour to charge.

4-5 batteries? You're good to go.

Just get a second battery for the ST16. It uses inexpensive batteries and has a standard JST connector.

+1 That is exactly what I will do Steve. I have done that for my other RC transmitters too. (Graupner)

Reactions: Steve Carr
OK, just got mine at 6pm and I am wondering how do you know if the radio is charging, or when its full? No leds? Just turn it on to see?

No, just tap the screen and it shows a graphical presentation of the current charge capacity

Reactions: 34Ford
Just get a second battery for the ST16. It uses inexpensive batteries and has a standard JST connector.
Steve, it does not connect via JST...unless your ST16 is different than mine, I received a battery from a vendor with JST and
they've since refunded me...bad news is I'm in Iceland and I was counting on having two...good news is relative to the seven batteries I have for the H...the ST16 could probably easily run 8 or 9 flights without recharge despite the fact that the documentation says it should be good for just 5 flights before needing a recharge. Have you actually popped the hood and connected it yet?

Anyone have a link to a nice replacement ST16 battery?
Probably won't need it but good to bookmark for future reference if this ever goes bad, can't hold a charge etc...

I will take an external power pack along just in case though. I will only hav 4 batteries so doubt it will be an issue from what has been reported. Good to know it lasts that long on full brightness.

Last edited:
I think it should last at least 10 full batteries on the H. I've flown it 3-4 times and the controller still showed about 3/4 full when I charged it. I probably have 4-5 flights right now without charging the controller and am about to go on another flight and will try to check later to see what it shows, but have 2-3 more hours of work (the flight is somewhat work related, really!)

Reactions: BrianG
Agree i went through 4 batteries and had more than 50% left
Could I go through 4-5 batteries on the H before it need to be recharged?[/QUOTE
I flew 3 full batteries yesterday, 2 batteries the day before (forgot to charge the controller) demoed the ST16 for envious P4 pilots, and played with another pilot's FPV glasses attached to the ST16. When I got home ST16 battery was at +75%, took about an hour to charge.

4-5 batteries? You're good to go.
agree

How long does it take to fully charge the ST16? Can you charge it through any other connection other than the charging block for the lipo battery? Right now I have it hooked up through a usb cable and 3rd party charging plug and it doesn't look like its actually charging the battery (although when you tap the screen, the battery symbol flashes like it is actually charging)....I've had it plugged in now for almost 2 hours and I don't see any progress.

OK...thanks for the reply...just making sure that what I'm using is compatible with the battery in the ST16 so that even though it looks like its charging that it may be getting too little or too much juice and not efficiently charging. I thought I had read in another post that someone used a "fast" charging cable or a cable that was compatible with fast charging (like some Samsung phones have) and that it messed up the battery in the ST16.

I think it should last at least 10 full batteries on the H. I've flown it 3-4 times and the controller still showed about 3/4 full when I charged it. I probably have 4-5 flights right now without charging the controller and am about to go on another flight and will try to check later to see what it shows, but have 2-3 more hours of work (the flight is somewhat work related, really!)

10+ flights is about right. During CES & NAB demos I got about 6-7 hours (2-3 flights an hr) before swapping out ST16 battery.

How long does it take to fully charge the ST16? Can you charge it through any other connection other than the charging block for the lipo battery? Right now I have it hooked up through a usb cable and 3rd party charging plug and it doesn't look like its actually charging the battery (although when you tap the screen, the battery symbol flashes like it is actually charging)....I've had it plugged in now for almost 2 hours and I don't see any progress.
I picked up the ST16 yesterday and have had it on charge all day from 09:30 hours and I am only 64% charged. Slow and steady charge should preserve the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval