Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Discharged while on charger overnight

Reaction score
Was going to make my H's maiden flight this morning. Left the ST16 charging overnight but awoke to find it dead. Looks like a WiFi drain even though the ST16 was off and the WiFi is configured to not to be on when sleeping. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
I'd get a usb charging monitor from china, aliexpress or the like. I found that i had major problems charging the st16 with non standard cables and phone chargers etc. Were you using the original cable and charger?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Try disconnecting the ST-16 battery, the reconnect it.
See if it still shows dead then.
LoL - tried that and it went from 66% to 38% afterward.
Definitely have a connection issue at the transmitter. I can get it to charge if I push it down a little and hold my mouth just right. The change in charge % when I disconnected the battery has me a little worried as well.
Going to open a support call tomorrow and just take out the battery and charge it directly until they send me a new transmitter. Only had it 3 days and one flight so far.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I had the same problem with my controller discharging instead of charging,it was my lead!! try a new lead and see if this works,it did for me.

Leaving the ST plugged in overnight can sometimes unfortunately kill the auto charge feature. With your ST off and not plugged into any USB, double tap the screen and see if it brings up the battery level graphic. It should not. If it does then the USB input no longer recognizes the cable properly and can drain the battery while charging because as you discovered, it's not in low power standby. I found this out the hard way but did not think to find the source of the drain like you did. My temporary solution was to make an EC2 lead for my venom charger that I use for LiOn batteries. I did end up getting it repaired by Yuneec as part of other warranty issues. They will most likely ask you to send in the whole radio.

I still pull the battery and use the charger if I get below 60%. I also purchased a second ST battery to not ever be grounded by lack of radio power again. I'm doing team mode and the batteries for two ST radios gets used for long stretches while setting up so I'm fighting the slow USB charge rate often. See if you can get that battery on a good charger and you can hopefully get that battery back to full and see if your connector is still working as it should.

Reactions: MM1992
My ST-16 had a bad battery for day one. Would show 100% charged and drop really fast to 40%.
Yuneec sent me a new battery. Problem solved.
I do now and then if I have not flown in a long time charge it on my Hitec charger.
Give Yuneec a call, I am sure they will take care of you.

My ST-16 had a bad battery for day one. Would show 100% charged and drop really fast to 40%.
Yuneec sent me a new battery. Problem solved.
I do now and then if I have not flown in a long time charge it on my Hitec charger.
Give Yuneec a call, I am sure they will take care of you.

hello I am battling the same type of issue my battery drained I've done all the tests I believe it just maybe the battery mine is no longer under warranty so I will continue to explore this matter to see what my issue is. researched it as much as I can. I am leaning towards the battery being bad but I will keep you posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval