Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 sd card N/A

The card goes into the camera.
Use the new cgo3 app to connect to the camera and you can format the card from within the app.
OK, thnx, put it in the cam, and I have connection. but as mentioned the app doesn't install on the ST 16. Can I update the typhoon when the card is in the cam?
I'll try it when I'm home

OK, thnx, put it in the cam, and I have connection. but as mentioned the app doesn't install on the ST 16. Can I update the typhoon when the card is in the cam?
I'll try it when I'm home
The app installs on your phone or tablet. Not the ST-16.

New Typhoon H Pro - same SD card issues.

Question: Why does it appear to be so difficult to express "Exactly" what it takes to format the SD card, in what, how, size, name, et all? How to mount it when it does not mount? Three pages here in forum back-n-forth, on and on, Are there any Yuneec support monitoring this feed? Ended in June, suddenly chatting about a phone app?

Don't assume Windows or maybe Mac? Be perfectly clear. Is there a bug or not - it would not be ambiguous by now.

32GB card (too fast, really?) format exFAT (FAT failed to be mounted). Sees empty card, then copied "ST16_V3.1.23.yuneec" file to it (only thing there) with my Mac, then SD card not mountable in H.

This should be the easy and consistent part. The Support How To videos looks good - what about the QA and/or documentation? Have I missed it somewhere?

Thoughtfully,
A fairly happy Yuneec (twice) owner, just upgraded.

All I am concerned about in all you stated is the "Fact" that you must clean off, empty.or call it "Format" the SD card before loading each firmware on them to do a new update! I have no issues with 16,32 or 64 GB cards, but found the best one for updates for me, Is the factory supplied 16GB card:rolleyes:

I have read your other updates here in this forum and they appear helpful.

One always must be able to create a new SD card from scratch - simply looking for the procedure. Need not explore the reasons that one may need to - it happens.

Indeed, "format" is the operative term here. I have dozens fo 32-128GB SD chips. Does anyone have guidance on the request?

Thank you @DroneClone

Last edited:
Now, I could copy the ST16 update file to a folder on the ST16, if only there was a way to tell the ST16 where the update file was located - appears to be default of the SD card. Simply connecting the USB cable from the ST16 to the laptop (Mac in my case) opens the Android file transfer app.

One always must be able to create a new SD card from scratch - simply looking for the procedure. Need not explore the reasons that one may need to - it happens.

Indeed, "format" is the operative term here. I have dozens fo 32-128GB SD chips. Does anyone have guidance on the request?

Thank you @DroneClone
Insert SD Card into SD Card Reader, Insert into USB Port of PC/Laptop. Go to File Explorer on Windows(Don't know or use Mac) On left see and right click on "E" Drive, or "F" Drive whichever you may have. A pop up window will be seen, select "Format" select "are your sure, will Delete all file" select "Yes" and your card in now formatted, best of luck!

Do not put the files in a folder.
Just put them on the root of the card.
Also the cards MUST!!! have a speed rating of U3, this is a making on the card. If it says U1 it won't work. PERIOD!!!
image.jpeg
This card BAD.

image.jpeg
This card GOOD.

Reactions: DroneClone
One word - Dropbox

OK, a few more, but why not just put dropbox or similar on your ST16, it it SO much easier for transferring from A to B etc.

No more cables, or buggering around with pulling cards in and out etc.

While youre at it, chuck Facebook on there too, and you can post your vids directly from your ST16 to your timeline...

Just my 2p,

I find that, while I can override this "feature", the ST16 will not remain connected on my local wifi network. I will hunt down why, but I think the system actually "disables" all other networks - possibly based on the content of the network file on the default SD card.

I also performed a "dd" (linux) on the original SD card to ensure that I had a bit-copy image of the original.

I was able to copy my CCC file to the SD card, insert into the drone, then use android file copy to place it into the flight folder so that it was visible to the CCC application in the ST16. Worked like a charm.

I will run through the procedure more carefully, attempt to remount the original card (worked), then also attempt to mount a replica (from dd image) of the original card, then try to make a replacement card from blank and from the original files locate on the original SD card.

I hesitate to add any additional applications onto the ST16 that could halt the system for any reason while in flight. I had certainly considered the dropbox or g-drive options.

Thank you @DroneClone
Did you get an answer? I bought a H from someone and they took all the sd cards. I do not have a stock card that came with bird and do not know the files or directories on it. Is there somewhere to download an original in Zip and unzip onto the new sd card - then do all the updates? Very vague discriptiojns in some posts.

Thanks in advance!

Only files on the original card are educational in nature and all of them are available online. There is no software in the card. The post previous to yours grossly over complicates a simple process. Format the card Fat32 and use it.

Just follow the user docs. There's no need to re-invent the wheel like the other guy is doing. You'll be out having fun while he's still scratching his head with reverse engineering.

Reactions: Azmyth357
Only files on the original card are educational in nature and all of them are available online. There is no software in the card. The post previous to yours grossly over complicates a simple process. Format the card Fat32 and use it.

Just follow the user docs. There's no need to re-invent the wheel like the other guy is doing. You'll be out having fun while he's still scratching his head with reverse engineering.
Thanks, it keeps want g to associate the SD CARD when upgrading the firmware. I don't mind wifi. Thanks for the answer. That's what I wanted to k ow.

As PatR says watch the videos on YouTube from Yuneec.
Use the updated manual available on this site.

Put the card in your CGO3+
And click on the system cog on the screen of the ST16.
Scroll to the bottom and choose format card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval