Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 switches...be careful

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Pilots, the long switches for Pan and OBS are very fragile and always feel loose. Do not try tightening the collar to fix. After rebuilding one yesterday, I can assure you that none of the collars should be more than finger tight. The front switches are mounted on boards and very very easily broken.

The newer ST16's that have three antennas now have the smaller flatter switches installed. Obviously this was another improvement Yuneec have made along the line.

I noticed the collars on some of my switches were becoming loose. I just tightened them down with my fingers. I guess I got lucky as I was in the field when I did this. If I was at home, I probably would have tried to use something to get them even tighter.

I called Yuneec and ordered new boards. They don't sell the switches on the boards individually. They will have the new shorter paddle switch so it's worth the upgrade and I'll use the replaced ones to repair the second ST I broke before even using yesterday.

Haydn
Sorry Craig, he is in Brisbane Australia. Were are you located Craig

Arizona...it was pretty easy to call Yuneec USA and get sales and order. Don't see why you can't do it with them and CC#. The language is not a barrier and post can't be that much for such little weight. They cost basically $25.00

Thank you for contacting Yuneec! Unfortunately, you are outside of Yuneec USA's service area. In order to receive service or order support, please contact the following office:
Yuneec Asia (HK)
2/F, Man Shung Industrial Building
7 Lai Yip Street
Kwun Tong
Hong Kong
Main Line: +852 3616-6071
Sales & Marketing: +852 3590-9070
Email: [email protected]

That's kind of weird... so yeah I can help you. Blocked you at the gate. I assume you are down with all those broken switches?

Ok. I'm traveling though CA in May and considering detouring to Yuneec. I'm going to buy a couple more for back up and to fix second ST16 so both have newer boards. I'm changing out both left and right switch boards on my main ST and swapping in the used pair into my recently purchased second ST I broke tightening those collars. I'm also looking online for a replacement. They are soldered on both sides of the card so it's not an easy fix to remove and replaced just one switch.

Pilots, the long switches for Pan and OBS are very fragile and always feel loose. Do not try tightening the collar to fix. After rebuilding one yesterday, I can assure you that none of the collars should be more than finger tight. The front switches are mounted on boards and very very easily broken.

I replaced mine with shorter ones. They seem to be holding up better.

Reactions: Kevlec
I have the original switches sourced from the manufacturer.
$10 for 1 $5 there after.
I have Long, Standard and stubby.

Broken ST16 Toggle Switches. Now for sale.

I also have a few factory boards with switches.
$30 each plus postage.
Thanks Haydn
In Australia

The there is no difference in the boards from the Pro and Advanced.
However as someone said above the newer versions may have started shipping with shorter toggle switches all round.
The ones I have are the same as what you had.
Long and medium switches.
They come with the board and switches. But no knobs covers or screws. You just reuse what you have.
I can take them to Burpengary (Brisbane Yamaha) late next week so there would be no postage if that helps.

Wow thanks for the info. I was about to tighten the collars up with some pliers and luckily my kids ran into the room and I set it down and hadn't thought about it again. Guess I'll have to wait and see how it looks when I finally get it back from KAV... Been almost a month now, ugh very frustrating.

The there is no difference in the boards from the Pro and Advanced.
However as someone said above the newer versions may have started shipping with shorter toggle switches all round.
The ones I have are the same as what you had.
Long and medium switches.
They come with the board and switches. But no knobs covers or screws. You just reuse what you have.
I can take them to Burpengary (Brisbane Yamaha) late next week so there would be no postage if that helps.

I received my replacement switch boards today from YUNEEC USA.
They are different then what my ST16 came with. They have shorter arms now for pan and OBS switch. They came with mounting screws and collars. They are definitely better. I was told it was the newer switches when I originally ordered them.

While checking on their shipping progress, the hold prompt announced that the web store is now open. I would hope it has no restrictions to international pilots like the call in did. Ordering OEM parts that way I'm sure everyone would find helpful.

I did install the removed original pair into my second ST16 - which is where I broke the pan switch - and before reinstalling, I ran a slim bead of hot glue where the switch shaft meets the body. This helped tighten down that collar and stiffen it. Once back together, the long switch is now less shaky. It does not seem to hurt anything and could be a simple way to tighten those loose switches.

Sounds good to me mate. Are you still going to Yuneec in CA in May, if so I would like a set of circuit boards with the New type switches and a 5.8ghz square patch antenna.

I am. Apparently they operate a small store front and I can walk in and buy parts. Pm your email.

Kevin.
Did you get your controller working?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio