Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stalled, lost satellites

Reaction score
The other day I took my Q500 4K out after many flights with no problems. Turned everything on in sequence but for some reason it could not findany satellites' however the camera did come on showing the ground view but the pitch angle switch did not work. After going through everything I knew I moved to another location and had same results at first but after about 2 or 3 minutes I did get 18 satellites and a ready to go so I took off
climbing to about 30 feet then it stalled and just sat there with all the satellites disappearing. I had no control on the angle mode so I switched to home mode and it landed itself. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas.
Thanks Alan

The other day I took my Q500 4K out after many flights with no problems. Turned everything on in sequence but for some reason it could not findany satellites' however the camera did come on showing the ground view but the pitch angle switch did not work. After going through everything I knew I moved to another location and had same results at first but after about 2 or 3 minutes I did get 18 satellites and a ready to go so I took off
climbing to about 30 feet then it stalled and just sat there with all the satellites disappearing. I had no control on the angle mode so I switched to home mode and it landed itself. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas.
Thanks Alan
First thing to do.........connect the Q500 to your computer and the GUI and let it run the diagnostics. Leave it connected for at least 15 min to see if you get any errors.
It certainly sounds like the GPS module may have a problem.

Thanks Alan

If it happens again, you can override the GPS by disabling it. Never tried to disable it in flight as you need to hold one of the joysticks right to set to disabled mode.

To disable
you need to go to the setting icon (bottom right of the video frame) set GPS to OFF. Then you need to hold joystick 2 (right joystick) all the way to the right while flipping the flight mode switch from smart to home four times within three seconds, then release joystick 2. Drone centre LED will flash purple when in GPS disabled mode.

Disclaimer: disabling GPS is not recommended as it bypasses the programmed No-Fly zones. Also, once GPS is disabled, smart mode and home mode will not function.

Warranty Up at Yuneec, I live east cost and cost me a "million" dollars to send west coast so I've read good reviews about Carolina Dronz and that's where it is at.
Thanks,Alan

I wasn't aware we could disable a Q500 in flight? I know you can in an H, but? I've never tried it, just read you couldn't. Something else for me to have look at! lol

There is no way to disable GPS in flight on the Q500, you must be landed and motors off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval