Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stellar Service From KAV and Yuneec, Fall From Sky Repair

Reaction score
About 3 weeks to a month ago my H+ fell from the sky due to a controller hardware issue. The warranty covered all repairs. By the way there is a thread which poo poos people who have had this experienced with people summing it up to the pilot not knowing how to properly insert a battery. One person claimed to his knowledge an actual fault caused by the H+ and ST16+ has only happened 3 to 5 times. I would like to see his verification of what was stated as fact since 2 fell in one week recently. Along with my incident the same week another highly experienced and knowledgable pilot had the same thing happen.

My repairs were done in 2.5 to three weeks at KAV in Kansas City, it would have been back sooner but there was a temporary parts shortage or need to reshuffle allotments. Having gotten it back today it flies beautifully. However since a fairly major repair was done on the faulty controller it would no longer properly accept my NFZ Waiver #. Yuneec support was very efficient in generating a new one for me after I explained what I thought had happened and a quick check proved my assumption correct. Although the H+ had the same serial # which made me happy so I did not need to register it again some parts were replaced in the controller which changed its ID number.

All is well that ends well but as I read the threads here I see disinformation more often than it should happen and another unfortunate thing on this thread are people producing videos with music which has been appropriated without permission, attribution or compensation to the original artist. What kind of person uses music they do not own and who creates original content in this case drone videos using another person's copyrighted work?

I wish the moderators would realize what is obvious with regard to this and ask them to cease and desist. While I'm on the soap box the H+ Lipo HV is 15.2 volts and I charge it properly someone told me I was over charging them which was facetious but I said nothing because "the stakes are so low" and I don't have time to correct disinformation constantly. Adios....calm winds to all.

Reactions: weajr
About 3 weeks to a month ago my H+ fell from the sky due to a controller hardware issue. The warranty covered all repairs. By the way there is a thread which poo poos people who have had this experienced with people summing it up to the pilot not knowing how to properly insert a battery. One person claimed to his knowledge an actual fault caused by the H+ and ST16+ has only happened 3 to 5 times. I would like to see his verification of what was stated as fact since 2 fell in one week recently. Along with my incident the same week another highly experienced and knowledgable pilot had the same thing happen.

My repairs were done in 2.5 to three weeks at KAV in Kansas City, it would have been back sooner but there was a temporary parts shortage or need to reshuffle allotments. Having gotten it back today it flies beautifully. However since a fairly major repair was done on the faulty controller it would no longer properly accept my NFZ Waiver #. Yuneec support was very efficient in generating a new one for me after I explained what I thought had happened and a quick check proved my assumption correct. Although the H+ had the same serial # which made me happy so I did not need to register it again some parts were replaced in the controller which changed its ID number.

All is well that ends well but as I read the threads here I see disinformation more often than it should happen and another unfortunate thing on this thread are people producing videos with music which has been appropriated without permission, attribution or compensation to the original artist. What kind of person uses music they do not own and who creates original content in this case drone videos using another person's copyrighted work?

I wish the moderators would realize what is obvious with regard to this and ask them to cease and desist. While I'm on the soap box the H+ Lipo HV is 15.2 volts and I charge it properly someone told me I was over charging them which was facetious but I said nothing because "the stakes are so low" and I don't have time to correct disinformation constantly. Adios....calm winds to all.
@Mickeyboo As a musician who is also a song writer I have to agree with you on .1 nobody should use unlicensed music as it is the fruit of someones work (and soul). There are libraries one can subscribe to (Audio Blocks is one) that will provide you with license to use music royalty free with a licence if someone challenges it. . 2 Yuneec and KAV are solid in their support. Glad you got your H fixed! 3. Yes there is much supposition rather than facts on just about any forum.

Were you able to obtain any info describing the fault mode causing power failures?
Because the NFZ license would not install, I suspect the Flight Controller was changed. It contains the Product ID. The most likely components to cause an in-flight shut down are the battery and the FC.

About 3 weeks to a month ago my H+ fell from the sky due to a controller hardware issue.
How to trust a drone that falls without warning and we have no explanation of the manufacturer.
This can happen to any H PLUS user? Whenever ?
In France, if an incident of this type happens, we must declare it to the aeronautical authorities, the professional drones being all registered and referenced. This action is likely to block other users of this type of gear.
You see the problem.

Last edited:
My H fell out of the sky also. No warning simply hovering a minute after takeoff. Sent to Kansas City MO. Repaired and waiting for return scheduled for today. No word as to why it happened.

My H fell out of the sky also. No warning simply hovering a minute after takeoff. Sent to Kansas City MO. Repaired and waiting for return scheduled for today. No word as to why it happened.
thank you for this information
H ou H PLUS ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder