Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still a good drone to buy?

Reaction score
I'm new to drones and Best Buy canada has one for $550 (Including tax and stuff) Is this a good price for a drone?

All I know is Best Buy is sketchy to deal with due to high pressure sales. I'd look to see who else sells it where you are, and ask them to price match.

If I'm not mistaken they are refurbished models being sold at that price.. Best Buy Canada also does not have a return policy on drones if the box is opened after purchase.. FYI..

I would say yes I myself are a new owner only got mine last week from drones direct had my 1st flight and Soo impressed love it and can't wait to get back out with it I did order a gifi battery from eBay aswell so I have 3 and seen I nice charger on Amazon that takes 2 batteries and shows each cell info and u see what it's doing unlike the original charger were it's just flashing lights

I bought one of the refurbished Q500 g from Best Buy. It was on sale for $459. CAD--that's approximately $353. USD at todays rates. Note this is an online purchase only --not sold is stores. I had mine delivered to the local Best Buy store for pick up. It came with one battery and 2 grips --one with a lipo the other requires 8aa batteries. It also came with 2 gimbals one for a go pro the other has the 4K camera. It came with the usual extra props and a 6 month warranty. It works perfect --The Bird looks new no marks or anything on mine. My only complaint is the battery was used and had a reduced flight time. I called Yuneec and sent them a copy of the bill and they are sending me a new battery. For the price and what you get its a great buy in my opinion.

Reactions: Murray Martz
The last time I talked to Yuneec customer service, (two weeks ago) they indicated they were phasing out the "Q 500 G". I'm sure if it's true they will still support them with parts and service. They offered me a refurb "G" with a gopro gimbal, 1 steady grip, battery, extra props, ST10 controller...6 month warranty for $249...free shipping.

The Q500 G and the Q500 4K ---same bird ---different camera----I am sure Yuneec will be phasing out the Q500 series ---along with the st10 ---Its the same vantage quad as a Phantom 2. Its the same with cell phones---the old ones (1 or 2 years old) work great but technology keeps accelerating and the new ones come out with faster processers--better cameras more features----just like the Quads----soon all quads will have sensors for 360 collision avoidance standard. and features we may not have even thought about.. Coming back to the Q500 --- For the price, features and what you get with it (steady grip for example) ---I think its a great deal --especially refurbished at $249.

In my opinion the Q500 4K is a good bird for capturing landscape vidography and because of its size it is more stable and surprizingly quieter in windy situations than its smaller adversaries, again in my opinion.
It isnt very responcive on the controls because I guss its priority is in smoother video so if your looking for snappier feedback it will not be your first pick. As far as video quality goes, its definitly the bird you might be looking for.
Hope that helps, goodluck!

Reactions: TheRealBK
Well I find mine fast once roll the switch to rabbit as remember if you want speed go for a racer drone and I agree the size and camera footage are excellent just wish yuneec would keep working on a great platform already collision avoiding and also would like to see better aftermarket stuff for the Q500

I understand that the Q500 continues to sell well for Yuneec, as there's not much competition in that price bracket at the moment.

Yes but I would like to see some features from the H on the Q500 as you think if they have the H and the Q running much the same then better from choice and price and also keeping ahead of other manufacturers as if I owned a company like yuneec that's what I would be putting out

Well I find mine fast once roll the switch to rabbit as remember if you want speed go for a racer drone and I agree the size and camera footage are excellent just wish yuneec would keep working on a great platform already collision avoiding and also would like to see better aftermarket stuff for the Q500
I own a racer and a Phantom too but im just saying that the camera vertical tilt response of the CGO3 on the q500 is quite slow in comparison, it has however a more durable gimball given that it is quite fragile.
Even on rabbit mode the q500 will stabilize itself (on GPS mode) before making the next maneuver, again its not the speed, its the responsiveness. Its a good bird overall.

Yes I agree but only flown my Q twice just due to weather since I got it 3 weeks ago but so enjoy it still not sure what the beeps are for while I am flying all batteries are ok and GPS is ok not sure if it's normal do you get that

Yes I agree but only flown my Q twice just due to weather since I got it 3 weeks ago but so enjoy it still not sure what the beeps are for while I am flying all batteries are ok and GPS is ok not sure if it's normal do you get that
Beeps on the Q10Plus are normal, it happens when throttle and camera pitch angle control is in centre point. You'll notice that they also have different frequencies to the beeps to identify them separately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio