Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still Green Arrow Brain Fart After 60 Flights!

Reaction score
When I turn and the craft is pointing at me nose first and I push the stick forward to fly forward to me the nose of green arrow points at me like it should, but when flying away from me the green arrow is still pointing at me, after 60 flights I am still screwed up, Does anyone have a light bulb to open my mind to get this right, I am so used to DJI arrow always points the direction you fly Help meee!

the way i understand the green arrow is , the green arrow is there to show you the direction to push the stick to bring the H to you (home to TX) almost like safe mode , if your TX works different call Yuneec and explain your problem .

The GREEN arrow points in the direction to move the RIGHT stick to bring the H back towards your location. It has nothing do do with indicating the direction the H is pointed. I have noticed it is only accurate if the H is 20 feet or more away from me.
Green arrow points left, then move the right stick left and she will come back.
I would rather it tell me the direction the nose is pointed. Well it kinda does.
Did I Confuse even more?

When I turn and the craft is pointing at me nose first and I push the stick forward to fly forward to me the nose of green arrow points at me like it should, but when flying away from me the green arrow is still pointing at me, after 60 flights I am still screwed up, Does anyone have a light bulb to open my mind to get this right, I am so used to DJI arrow always points the direction you fly Help meee!
That is exactly the idea, the green arrow always points at you no matter what direction the craft faces.
Say you loose orientation and you can't see the H, one option is to put the camera locked to the nose position (thats the pan mode switch all the way up) then the nose of craft and what you see on the controller is forward.
To fly it back towards yourself, yaw the craft around so that the nose is looking at you. You find you amongst the trees by following the green arrow )

I see that flying away forward, it points back to transmitter(me), but flying forward back home to toward me forward going still as I turned the craft back to face me, the arrow points at me, but I and pushing stick forward to fly forward

But if it is pointing at you and you fly back home facing forward, the you can't move the stick in the direction of the pointed green arrow, it will fly away backwards

But if it is pointing at you and you fly back home facing forward, the you can't move the stick in the direction of the pointed green arrow, it will fly away backwards
Try it again DC. Put the H or Q (both the same for green arrow) out about 200' When you do a slow yaw, the green arrow will rotate. When it's pointed straight up, the nose is facing you. When the arrow points down, the nose is facing away from you. And yes, moving the right stick in the direction of the arrow will bring it home.

mmmh If you are in angle mode and you move the sticks backward the craft will fly backward and away from you...this is true, if you mean that that does not correspond to the the direction of the arrow this is correct - and how it is meant to be, no matter what direction the h is pointed the arrow will point at you.
Instead of imagining the arrow as the direction the H is flying in, imagine it's a huge compass on the top deck of the body and North is always you. So when you want to fly home home is always north and you just follow the arrow.? (I don't know if I'm making it more complicated)

That is exactly the idea, the green arrow always points at you no matter what direction the craft faces.
Say you loose orientation and you can't see the H, one option is to put the camera locked to the nose position (thats the pan mode switch all the way up) then the nose of craft and what you see on the controller is forward.
To fly it back towards yourself, yaw the craft around so that the nose is looking at you. You find you amongst the trees by following the green arrow )
The green arrow does not always point at me, unless I am flying back towards me, Thanks for the info, but I am screwed all up! LOL !

It should come bank to you if you move the stick in the direction of the arrow, I'm afraid to say if your getting that result,call Yuneec.if the arrow is pointing away a right stick movement in the arrows direction should result in the H returning to you.

It has

work okay since day one, I am just used to DJI, need to get it engraved in my head, was looking for a memory clue is all! Thanks!
Thats it, it's working exactly the same function as the iOS on a P2 if you know this one, if it's different there must be something wrong.

It always did till tonight, could the pan switch have been bumped and that affects the direction?
Yes I bet you did not have the camera looking from the nose, so what was forward on the sticks did not correspond to the direction you saw on the it move on the screen.

It should come bank to you if you move the stick in the direction of the arrow, I'm afraid to say if your getting that result,call Yuneec.if the arrow is pointing away a right stick movement in the arrows direction should result in the H returning to you.

A few times I have lost sight of the H and become disoriented when it disappeared over a reasonably away tree line. Moving the right gimbal in the direction of the point of the green arrow has always brought it humming right to me ( and not using RTH). So now you have me worried DC... I have to factor in a bump or switch position may result in this rule being invalid? Say it isn't so!

"Disappearing over a reasonably away tree line" is an euphemistic attempt to say I was flying further away from LOS than I wanted to report. No self incrimination!!!

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval