Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still Green Arrow Brain Fart After 60 Flights!

A few times I have lost sight of the H and become disoriented when it disappeared over a reasonably away tree line. Moving the right gimbal in the direction of the point of the green arrow has always brought it humming right to me ( and not using RTH). So now you have me worried DC... I have to factor in a bump or switch position may result in this rule being invalid? Say it isn't so!
I wish I could say it wasn't so, but I feel this is the only answer to how the arrow pointed at the controller and flew towards me, with forward stick movement, but I will check it out today and verify!

Yes. My bad.
No problem! I am just confused until I fly later today, as I always had the stick towards the arrow point brought me home, but yesterday, while flying back forward to home, the arrow pointed to home, but I was pushing forward on the stick, away from the arrow point to fly it towards home, Never did that before and wonder if the Pan Stick affects that at all? Will test

Try it again DC. Put the H or Q (both the same for green arrow) out about 200' When you do a slow yaw, the green arrow will rotate. When it's pointed straight up, the nose is facing you. When the arrow points down, the nose is facing away from you. And yes, moving the right stick in the direction of the arrow will bring it home.
Good post. Like DC, I'm completely lost on using the goofy green arrow. My brain just would not process whatever I read about it. Having flown the Phantoms so long, it's like learning a new language! But your post explained it in a way I finally got it. Thanks!

Yes, and make sure the Pan Switch is "ALL" the way up, or it does not work as push the right stick towards the arrow point to move her home, That is why I was brain farted, because I understood that, but switch was in bottom position and would not work as it has been, my F up!:eek:

if you do lose sight of your bird in the tree line just go straight up to about 400 feet then use the green arrow to come back to the TX or just go to safe mode ( at 400 feet ) and push the stick down and it will return to you , the way i see the green arrow is just like safe mode just push the stick to the arrow and it will return to you .
fly safe

Reactions: DroneClone
The GREEN arrow points in the direction to move the RIGHT stick to bring the H back towards your location. It has nothing do do with indicating the direction the H is pointed. I have noticed it is only accurate if the H is 20 feet or more away from me.
Green arrow points left, then move the right stick left and she will come back.
I would rather it tell me the direction the nose is pointed. Well it kinda does.
Did I Confuse even more?
Well I run mine out straight away and the arrow points at me,just like my other Yuneecs. So if I spin it around fully to where arrow points away it comes back exactly the same course. The arrow does reference which way your H is pointing,just that it works the opposite way your used to an arrow representing.

Reactions: DroneClone
I wish I could say it wasn't so, but I feel this is the only answer to how the arrow pointed at the controller and flew towards me, with forward stick movement, but I will check it out today and verify!
I will call you and explain D.C.

Thank you All ! I have been using it with no issue for two months, then it acted up the one flight two days ago, but now she's okay! Thanks!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval