Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still no new firmware for 01/2017

Reaction score
Was there no info about a new firmware update for 01/2017
Since the last update i have problems with my ST16 and my TPH when i modify the Expo settings.
When i change the settings i got no reaction on my sticks and when i push the start butten 3 in 4 times the motors do not spindle up.
I will try to reset my ST16 and test if everything is working again.
mvg
Marnix

Month is quickly winding down, I've kinda lost hope for it already. I would rather they never say anything and just release new cool stuff when it's ready than tell us it's coming at this time, we get excited and then it never appears.

Quick question.
If I have never updated the firmware on my H and St16 (I got it in March or April 2016) will I still be able to jump right to the newest firmware without any issues?

hey guys i know ive seen something about flashing typhoon h but where do you download the firmware to do it on u.s modles and how do you do the same on the st16 to reinstall the 3.0 version

Has anyone heard what the firmware is supposed to add?

hey guys i know ive seen something about flashing typhoon h but where do you download the firmware to do it on u.s modles and how do you do the same on the st16 to reinstall the 3.0 version

Downloads - Yuneec

As of the latest firmware revision (11/16/2016), you can do an "over-the-air" update. The ST16 will connect to your local wifi and update itself, then the TH.
There's also a video if you click the "Details" link on the above page.

Downloads - Yuneec

As of the latest firmware revision (11/16/2016), you can do an "over-the-air" update. The ST16 will connect to your local wifi and update itself, then the TH.
There's also a video if you click the "Details" link on the above page.
i want to flash it back to 1.28 then reinstall3.0 i dont want the new firmware it is a catastrophy 3.0 was perfect the eu site has the flash firmware but i dont know if it will work for a usa version .i also want to change st16 back to 3.0 version

i want to flash it back to 1.28 then reinstall3.0 i dont want the new firmware it is a catastrophy 3.0 was perfect the eu site has the flash firmware but i dont know if it will work for a usa version .i also want to change st16 back to 3.0 version

I only have experience going from 3.0 to 3.01 (only bought mine 3 weeks ago). If you can get the older firmware files, I'd try the procedure described in the video, got nothing to loose, right?

Interesting you're having so much trouble with 3.01; other than the overly aggressive GPS lock mine flies perfectly.

I see allot of problems...... 1st and formost....Poor manual...... esp about the ST16 and the tablet its attached to... it lacks allot of good SOP's on the how's, why's and limits and differences between the USA and European version of firmware. there is better manual with lego blocks.
usually a return to Factory specs clears all data and mem..... nothing in manual about this option
Calibration of the ST16...... this seems to be a secret..... it should be a major part of a proper manual..... I started my ST16 and the the H the other day and it was beeping like crazy then the motors started up and caused a motor failure alarm and I had to pull the Battery of the H........ come to find out I had to re calibrate the ST16 completely by a rapid sequence of pushes of the lower left corner of ST16 while in system settings/about controller...... but this was a secret.....

just so happens i seen a video about this on You Tube..... I re calibrated the 16 and the standard calibrations and bird did a perfect flight

Reactions: Clement Oliver
I found this on the UK site but it doesn't sayif it's only for flashing the UK version

Last edited:
I only have experience going from 3.0 to 3.01 (only bought mine 3 weeks ago). If you can get the older firmware files, I'd try the procedure described in the video, got nothing to loose, right?

Interesting you're having so much trouble with 3.01; other than the overly aggressive GPS lock mine flies perfectly.
mine has flown perfectly with every update till the last one 3.01 .video feed lost at just a few hundred feet .controller loses conection and it actualy will fly away on its own and thankfuly returns to home on its own .

Yep. The documentation leaves something to be desired.

... re calibrate the ST16 completely by a rapid sequence of pushes of the lower left corner of ST16 while in system settings/about controller...... but this was a secret... just so happens i seen a video about this on You Tube..... I re calibrated the 16 and the standard calibrations and bird did a perfect flight

Can you post links to the info you found on re-calibrating the gear? Is it beyond calibrating the accelerometers/compass/camera?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430