Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange behaviour after CCC mode

Reaction score
Hi all

I belive I've just had my first incident of "strange behaviour" from my. H

I had loaded up a 10point CCC route that I had done to do a mapping job. After successfully doing the Ccc I exited it whilst I decided whether I wanted to do a POI to get some good obliques of my target (wanted to model it too) when I noticed my H was doing small circles and not hovering as normal, I decided to bring it into land. As soon as I started bringing it closer I could clearly see it was flying almost at an oblique to me like it was avoiding me (checked and still. In angle mode) and about 80 metres away at 55metres height, I hit rth it didn't like that at all so I went back to angle mode.
I still couldn't get it to fly direct towards me eventually I managed to get it withing about 20 metres of. Me and brought it down.
Powered it down for 30 secs and powered back up with a test flight with GPS on and off and no issues at all, battery charged and another flight done just a normal flight.
I have used Ccc only about 4 or 5 times with no issues
Has anyone else come across this or is it just a small one off glitch??

Cheers

Graeme

(apologies for the length of the post)

Hi all

I had loaded up a 10point CCC route that I had done to do a mapping job. After successfully doing the Ccc I exited it whilst I decided whether I wanted to do a POI to get some good obliques of my target (wanted to model it too) when I noticed my H was doing small circles and not hovering as normal, I decided to bring it into land. As soon as I started bringing it closer I could clearly see it was flying almost at an oblique to me like it was avoiding me (checked and still. In angle mode) and about 80 metres away at 55metres height, I hit rth it didn't like that at all so I went back to angle mode.
I still couldn't get it to fly direct towards me eventually I managed to get it withing about 20 metres of. Me and brought it down.
Powered it down for 30 secs and powered back up with a test flight with GPS on and off and no issues at all, battery charged and another flight done just a normal flight.

Cheers

Graeme

Ive only done ccc about 3 times. Never noticed any issues after it. Maybe just a fluke.

Bill W.

Hi all

Cheers

Graeme

What was your surrounding temperature like?

Ha that's what I'm hoping the flights afterward were fine, and I've had this H for a Good while now and had virtually no issues to speak off.

It was around 8 degs Celsius (typical) in Scotland, low temperature did cross my mind but it was well above freezing, but I suppose wind chill and altitude could affect it??
I assume that you haven't flown in thise conditions before? Maybe just keep in mind to restart after ccc. At this point may just have to play around with it to see if the same problem happens.

Bill W.

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
I assume that you haven't flown in thise conditions before? Maybe just keep in mind to restart after ccc. At this point may just have to play around with it to see if the same problem happens.

Bill W.
I flew the day before which I think was slightly colder but had not done any CCC mode, I may try loading the same Ccc again to see if it produces the same results [emoji23]

It was around 8 degs Celsius (typical) in Scotland, low temperature did cross my mind but it was well above freezing, but I suppose wind chill and altitude could affect it??

I was thinking heat, but your usual temps rule that out.

As soon as I started bringing it closer I could clearly see it was flying almost at an oblique to me like it was avoiding me (checked and still. In angle mode) and about 80 metres away at 55metres height, I hit rth it didn't like that at all so I went back to angle mode.

You might check telemetry if not too much hassle.

Were you in smart mode or angle mode? In smart mode, it will not come close to you and the H follows the right stick directions regardless of orientation.

Were you in smart mode or angle mode? In smart mode, it will not come close to you and the H follows the right stick directions regardless of orientation.
Hey m8 was in angle mode, it's in the post and also that was at a distance of 80 metres which is plenty far away [emoji106],

Just wondered if you might have accidentally flipped the switch.
Definitely checked that, and it doesn't explain the craft doing small circles, or worse behavior when rth was flicked and then the same behavior once put back into angle, I'm going to have a wee look at the flight logs to see what it shows [emoji106]

Hey Graeme, which FW do you have on it? And is it the pro version? My old H did weird things like that.. one incident was particularly scary! Cheers, Chris.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal