Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strobe lights on my Typhoon

I've ordered 1 green, 1 red and 1 white. I think I'll mount the white on the front (body) and the red and green on the back legs.

Have to find a US seller, need one on top for night flights
$17.82 US funds shipped.
Yeah, that's a little steep given how little these things weigh...sort of a ripoff IMHO. On the bright side, looks like the $ is firming up against the GB Pound, so that should at least help a little.;)

Thanks for posting. I bought a pair. They were $30.33 delivered. Considering that with extra batteries and a backpack that I'm into the H for over $1800, an extra $30 is a rounding error. The added safety and orientation visibility will be very nice.

Reactions: JohnL
I don't really have the desire to rotate the camera 180.

I normally aim the drone at what I want and shoot from straight ahead to down as I compose by adjusting small increments of the camera.

Fairly simple solution.

To install a strobe light it will affect the video and photo taking quality

No it does not in the day time. Sunlight makes it so I have never seen it.
I don't fly close to solid objects for it to reflect off of.
It might after dark but your not supposed to fly after dark per the FAA rules. It would not affect the "quality" but might show up as a light area in a still if you could catch a flash, maybe 1000 sec or show flashes in a video.

I suggest you don't try it or until you do, refrain from making statements that it does.
Just sayin.................

No it does not in the day time. Sunlight makes it so I have never seen it.
I don't fly close to solid objects for it to reflect off of.
It might after dark but your not supposed to fly after dark per the FAA rules. It would not affect the "quality" but might show up as a light area in a still if you could catch a flash, maybe 1000 sec or show flashes in a video.

I suggest you don't try it or until you do, refrain from making statements that it does.
Just sayin.................
Thanks hunter

Yeah, that's a little steep given how little these things weigh...sort of a ripoff IMHO. On the bright side, looks like the $ is firming up against the GB Pound, so that should at least help a little.;)

They are not expensive in relation to invalidating your warranty by poking around to find a power source for other units. I have fitted Strobons to all my machines and they have saved the day re orientation many times.

They are not expensive in relation to invalidating your warranty by poking around to find a power source for other units. I have fitted Strobons to all my machines and they have saved the day re orientation many times.
I've always used a pair of Strobons with my home builds. In those cases, I used the version that allowed me to tap off the Rx for both power and on/off control. Always liked the results. Someday, when I get my Typhoon back from Yuneec Europe (I have no hopes of seeing it back probably until August), I may get the nerve up to remove the cover, look for the Rx, and see if it's possible to wire in the strobes like I've always done. As the ST16 has an Aux switch that is for the moment unused, this might be possible to trigger the strobes on/off remotely. It's just a thought in the back of my mind for now, however. Reality is I've got more important things going on (family, kids, and the business) and really don't have the time to tinker around like this that I used to.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
My Flytron strobe just arrived today. Ordered on June 30th. Not bad for international.
Man this thing is bright. I wanted something for the top of my H for night flying. Plenty of lights on the bottom, nothing on top, so this will fill the void. Just don't look directly at it, it is bright.

John,
Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: JohnL
I've had to call Flytron in the UK... Almost 4 weeks and no sign of my order. He says he's resending....
Hope this package arrives...
What is it about Australia and not getting anything delivered...?
First the H's, then the batteries (still waiting!) and now the Strobons....
What did I do to upset the balance of things here?

Hi John - I got one of these after your last post. Excellent tip - Thanks
Why bother of marking the "H" with LEDs etc? Just look at the "Green Arrow" to find out how its flying! When the Green Arrow is in the top the "H" is facing away from you - and vice versa!
As simple as that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval