Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strong wind copter didn't move

thx, by the way uuuhmmmm I'm missing also log files...
I downloaded all files from yesterdays and two flights are missing. One in the morning an done in the evening....
How can this happen??? The numeration is continuous...

Andy

thx, by the way uuuhmmmm I'm missing also log files...
I downloaded all files from yesterdays and two flights are missing. One in the morning an done in the evening....
How can this happen??? The numeration is continuous...

Andy
I had exactly the same issue yesterday. Are you connecting the ST16 directly to your computer? I think it's a driver issue as I was able to copy the log files to a SD card and then transfer to my desktop. This time all expected logs were there. Go figure.:mad:

hmm yes but when I view them on the android tablet in the file browser they are also missing.
So the st16 has really not started a new log file on two of my 8 flights done yesterday...

Andy

hmm yes but when I view them on the android tablet in the file browser they are also missing.
So the st16 has really not started a new log file on two of my 8 flights done yesterday...

Andy
You have me at a loss here. But now that you mention I seem to remember being mystified a few weeks ago looking for telemetry files that "should" have been there, but weren't. Perhaps someone else could chime in here?

I have said this before, based on research and my experiences with GPS. Just because you have GPS lock with a number of satellites, it doesn't mean you have a low HDOP(Acronym for horizontal dilution of precision. A measure of the geometric quality of a GPS satellite configuration in the sky. HDOP is a factor in determining the relative accuracy of a horizontal position. The smaller the DOP number, the better the geometry. Satellite receivers often take as much as 15 min to settle in and get a good low HDOP. Specially if the GPS receiver has been off for some time.
The GPS Navigation Message consists of time-tagged data bits marking the time of transmission of each subframe at the time they are transmitted by the SV. A data bit frame consists of 1500 bits divided into five 300-bit subframes. A data frame is transmitted every thirty seconds. Three six-second subframes contain orbital and clock data. SV Clock corrections are sent in subframe one and precise SV orbital data sets (ephemeris data parameters) for the transmitting SV are sent in subframes two and three. Subframes four and five are used to transmit different pages of system data. An entire set of twenty-five frames (125 subframes) makes up the complete Navigation Message that is sent over a 12.5 minute period. These tables are updated every 2 hours, so if you dont fly for several days you will be very out of date abd the GPS need to update in order to be current and accurate.

If you just power your GPS receiver and fly, then the accuracy of the GPS may be way off. Always wait 10 to 15 min before flying the first time, after that you are good to go even if you power down to change batteries.

If you have an Android phone ,install this app and watch how long it takes for the accuracy to come down to a reasonable level.
Hi, great info about HDOP that I for sure did NOT know until now. Can anyone tell me what word(s) I have to type in my Iphone app store. Thanx

my TH loves the wind. i have had no problems flying in wind or gust. it seems the higher the better it holds em.

Andy

Are you sure it hasn't merged two flights into one file? It will keep appending to the same one until the connection is broken.

I'm totally sure since I call a flight = change batteries so there was definitely a connection interruption.
And I checkt the folder again and there are really two flights mssing from yesterday. Since I have NFC
stickers on my batteries and I log each flight with my smartphone I know exactly how many batteries and
which battery has been flow etc.

andy

I'm totally sure since I call a flight = change batteries so there was definitely a connection interruption.
And I checkt the folder again and there are really two flights mssing from yesterday. Since I have NFC
stickers on my batteries and I log each flight with my smartphone
I know exactly how many batteries and
andy
Andy I don't mean to be a pest but, could you elaborate on that?

The App is called RC Akku Wächter (RC Battery Watcher - Android Apps on Google Play)
It is used to monitor your batteries on how many charges each one have etc.
It has even the possibility to scan the Batteries with some NFC stickers bought from Ebay.
I use it since several years so I always now how new and used the battery is etc.

Andy

stickers on my batteries and I log each flight with my smartphone I know exactly how many batteries and

andy

That's interesting. Have you looked at the logs either side of the missing flights to see if there are any particular errors?

The App is called RC Akku Wächter (RC Battery Watcher - Android Apps on Google Play)
It is used to monitor your batteries on how many charges each one have etc.
It has even the possibility to scan the Batteries with some NFC stickers bought from Ebay.
I use it since several years so I always now how new and used the battery is etc.

Andy
Well that rules me and my iPhone out. :rolleyes:

Ha Andy,

When I first got the Q500 before getting the H I had that issue and I was thinking the copter was not working correctly. Since none of my other copters have Geo Fencing stupid me didn't at the time think about that until I decided in frustration to move my location, walking 20 feet to left. The copter followed and it dawned on me in SM the copter stays outside the 26ft circle. I felt really stupid but have done it multi times over the time I have owned the Q after flying my other copters. I guess I just didn't learn LOL.... or dementia setting in. I think this is the reason in the manual it says learn to fly in angle mode and LAND in angle mode instead of smart mode. It is scary when you are standing on a cliff face and forget about this feature.........LOL

Cheers

That's interesting. Have you looked at the logs either side of the missing flights to see if there are any particular errors?

yes and the strange thing is the the numeration ins continuous so it looks like there is nothing missing but it is since in the real world i've flow two times more then what has been recorded....

Andy

I note that the ST-16 seems to throw away the telemetry if you do a calibration, and maybe under some other circumstances to do with binding (still figuring that out).

It's not so surprising that the numeration is continuous, as each new telemetry file is just one more than the current highest one. So unless the ST-16 was going back and actively deleting old telemetry files (and there's no reason I can think of for it to want to do that), you're always going to get continuous numbering.

I note that the ST-16 seems to throw away the telemetry if you do a calibration, and maybe under some other circumstances to do with binding (still figuring that out).
Interesting.
It's not so surprising that the numeration is continuous, as each new telemetry file is just one more than the current highest one. So unless the ST-16 was going back and actively deleting old telemetry files (and there's no reason I can think of for it to want to do that), you're always going to get continuous numbering.
There does appear to be strange things afoot wrt this "issue." Should also be noted that if you delete the Flightlogs folder when inside Pad, a new one will be created with subsequent sub folders and numeration resets.

Hello,

Andy which firmware are you using, the latest one?
By the way I noticed that it happens logfiles recording is not chronological, in other words I have some files from later flights numbered lower that earlier flights.
Ric

Hy Ricardo

Yes the latest one.
Hmm strange behaviour but I'm gooing to look at this maybee I can find the log file.

Andy

Hello,

Andy which firmware are you using, the latest one?
By the way I noticed that it happens logfiles recording is not chronological, in other words I have some files from later flights numbered lower that earlier flights.
Ric

Have you ever deleted log files? (you really shouldn't) I suspect the log system writes the lowest number that's 'free', so if there's a gap, that's where it writes the file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts