Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Study material for 107

Get good reading charts and WX briefings. Most of the test questions are most applicable to manned aviation. Things like weather briefings, aircraft instrumentation, airport markings and approach lighting systems offer little to improve our operation of sUAS restricted to LOS and 400' of altitude during day VFR. The stuff most relevant to us is charts and airspace but we need to pass all of the test, not just a part of it.

Reactions: Wileytrigger21
I took the online study test the FAA has out on their site (FAA safety Tram Aviation Center Learning Course Part 107 sUAS. It's not the actual test just a study prep but it's pretty good as its real time and you can see you correct / incorrect answers right away. If you pass the test there's a PDF you can download to get an FAA Certificate of Achievement. Obviously if you don't have a piloits certificate you still have to go and take the sUAS test at a testing center. This is simply an aide to study and practice for the exam.

Last edited:
I took the part 107 sUAS test, it took about 1 hour. Take the online course then you are able too take the test. a pilot with a minimum of a sport rating or higher can complete everything online. If you do not hold a qualifying rating you will have to take the test then complete a oral and practical with a examiner to demonstrate proficiency. of course everyone has to be vetted by TSA and have a current biannual within the previous 24 months.

I don't know if anybody is familiar with Jason Schappert at m0a.com. He is a great aviation instructor and has put together a part 107 prep class. It's available at remotepilot101.com. It is one of the cheaper prep classes I have seen and Jason knows his stuff.

I am not affiliated with this at all...just a fan of m0a.

has anyone used some of the online resources mentioned in this thread and been able to pass the 107 exam? Any recommendations on a good study guide?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval