Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Surveying Q500 motors etc.

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if there is any list or if not then if we could make a list of things to survey in Q500 from time to time and when exactly.
Like,
1. Temperature of each of the engines after each of the flights f.e. or once a week after flight
2. Battery temperature (I suppose it is inpsected automatically when we remove it)
3. What about motors ? should we inspect the lubricants in it ? I have found some information on the interent about using some lubricants but I am exactly convinced to using them in an engine that was serially produced.

Regards

Keep the motors from getting a bunch of dirt and moisture in them. They are non serviceable by the average person. No maintenance required.

Batteries, temperature is simple, The general rule is if you can't comfortably hold a LiPo pack tightly in your hand after using it, it's too hot - place it on the ground outside, away from flammable or combustible materials, and stay back until it cools. 50*C / 122*F is the critical temp low end when the battery starts to do bad things on it's own.

If it's just warm - that is normal after flight. If it is just a little puffy, you may need to take it out of service and dispose of properly. (This is the same care used when charging. DO NOT LEAVE THEM UNATTENDED!!!) Read up on LiPo battery care and maintenance. Google is your friend.

ETA - The biggest thing to do is watch the unit when it is hovering and look for vibrations. If it get's bad, you probably need to balance your props - Google again.

Just get yourself a good preflight and postflight procedure list made and follow it. Keep a log of your flights and have fun. Don't fly stupid.

Reactions: piotr
Ok, thanks for the info. I was curious about the motors but if You say they are not serviceable then that settles.
good idea with those props and to do list.
Will try to make one. Thanks.

Ok, thanks for the info. I was curious about the motors but if You say they are not serviceable then that settles.
good idea with those props and to do list.
Will try to make one. Thanks.
Piotr, Rick Dunn posted a great pre/post flight checklist on Jan 3/16. Maybe you could just add to it. Will probably save you a lot of time. Check it out

yep You are right, thanks. Handy list;)
I created the topis because I thoguht thtere might be some things which should be check that I did not know about and that might influence the lifespan and safe flight of the typhoon.
Thanks again for the replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval