Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Take off without GPS

Reaction score
Yesterday I did some test flight without GPS, after updating to FW 1 September (A version).
Taking off with GPS, and switch-off GPS in flight, no problem.

Taking off without GPS, the H was not stopped in the absence of horizontal (joystick to right) commands, and I had to constantly correct; switching on again the GPS, the H began to stabilize again.

For your experience, this is normal?

Reactions: abinder
Yesterday I did some test flight without GPS, after updating to FW 1 September (A version).
Taking off with GPS, and switch-off GPS in flight, no problem.

Taking off without GPS, the H was not stopped in the absence of horizontal (joystick to right) commands, and I had to constantly correct; switching on again the GPS, the H began to stabilize again.

For your experience, this is normal?

You have to remember that without GPS on, you have to correct for rotor wash recreated when close to the ground and also any amount of wind/breeze there may be. With GPS on, the craft tries to automatically correct for this for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marco Falchi
You have to remember that without GPS on, you have to correct for rotor wash recreated when close to the ground and also any amount of wind/breeze there may be. With GPS on, the craft tries to automatically correct for this for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.
A bit of wind, in fact, there was.

It does not quite understand why turning off the GPS in flight, there was no drift.

It almost seems to remain stored actions set by GPS.

Thanks for the reply.
A bit of wind, in fact, there was.

It does not quite understand why turning off the GPS in flight, there was no drift.

It almost seems to remain stored actions set by GPS.
You have more motor RPM's to help fight the wind, without GPS like abinder stated, it will not self stabilize, you must continually stabilize it! Also when taking off from the ground, it is best to give it a good amount of "thrust" (get it up quick) into the air, a good ways above the ground !

Reactions: abinder
GPS and compass hold position and orientation. Without GPS and compass, the IMU and Gyros will keep the aircraft level and will try to keep it pointed in the same direction. It will drift with the wind and there is no automatic braking. After you let off of the stick it will continue to drift in the direction it was traveling until you move the stick in the opposite direction.

Reactions: abinder and Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval