Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. K3CFPV

Just got my new H and a quick maiden showed it functional. I did notice that in both Smart and Angle modes, the takeoff task icon is red. When I tap on it, it says that aircraft is not ready. Is this because I'm closer than the specified 8m? Haven't tried it future out yet. I can take off in Angle mode regardless.

2. jeff2000

flight mode = home mode , when startup, the red icon shows

3. Tecneek

What's up K3CFPV this is KC3EUP. In smart mode I think you are too close. I think 26 feet away and the red soft button will work.

4. K3CFPV

I had hoped so too. Placed the H out in the middle of the yard and walked about 10-12 yards away and the takeoff icon still remained red. Mode switch in Smart mode. Takeoff mode doesn't seem to be covered in the manual. A more inclusive and descriptive manual would be very advantageous.

5. Tecneek

I think it is always red. When you press it anyway - red or not, does the craft take off.

6. K3CFPV

Boy do I feel dumb! I actually tried it (had to be in Smart mode). First time I hit the button it told be aircraft was not ready. Finally, I tried it again, gave me a slider to activate and it did take off and hover at about 4' or so. I just assumed (I know, I know) that red meant not available and green would mean ready, or something like that. Yuneec uses other icon colors like those mentioned and yellow for various status. I guess it was just not intuitive to me nor well documented. But it works. However, I did notice that its more "tippy" with taking off in this mode vs. using the throttle stick. I'll stick to the ole fashion way and take off a bit faster - more stable that way.

7. droneguy

I called yuneec about the take off button and they said it was disabled and did not work yet
    weird

gezzo likes this.
  8. gezzo

Called Yuneec about this too last week. They said it was a glitch apparently. I was trying to fly in angle mode, not sure if it can only work in smart mode.

9. Yuneec_Usa

You need a minimum of 10 satellites on transmitter GPS (top right corner) to utilize auto take off.

Laura Turbeville likes this.