Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tested: "DY3" 2 channel charger

Reaction score
Ordered yesterday (Tuesday 18th) , delivered today (Wednesday 19th of April):
DS24 Ladegerät DY3 für Yuneec Typhonn H Akku - bis zu 2 Akkus 70W 6AMP 2CH: Amazon.de: Sport & Freizeit

I charged two 5400 mAh batteries and checked a 6300 mAh battery: it seems to work fine.
Charging time for a flown out battery (14.2 V): 63 min for 99%, 73 min for 100 %. And real dual channel with cooling fans...

Nice and informative displays. The white mAh value shows the total amount of milli amps "pushed/added" into the battery during the charging process (not the battery's mAh total/final capacity).

Attachments

• 20170419_215737-web.jpg
    20170419_215737-web.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Steve Carr
DS24 Ladegerät DY3 für Yuneec Typhonn H Akku - bis zu 2 Akkus 70W 6AMP 2CH: Amazon.de: Sport & Freizeit

I charged two 5400 mAh batteries and checked a 6300 mAh battery: it seems to work fine.
Charging time for a flown out battery (14.2 V): 63 min for 99%, 73 min for 100 %. And real dual channel with cooling fans...

Nice and informative displays. The white mAh value shows the total amount of milli amps "pushed/added" into the battery during the charging process (not the battery's mAh total/final capacity).
Did you add pulls to your batteries?

Maybe, but US has this "beast":
Amazon.com: Venom Pro Typhoon H 4-Port LiPo Battery Balance Charger with Dual USB Outputs: Toys & Games
It is not available in EU or Germany, though. The "DY3" has only 2 x 70 W, while the "Venom Pro" has 4 x 100 W, but it lacks the nice TFT displays...
None of the good chargers are available in Canada. I wanted the Venom, but because they don't ( won't ) want to apply for the Canadian CSA cert, we can not get them or even import them. Can't even buy one in the US and try to bring it back. Canada is so lame when it comes to the "free" market. Doesn't exist here. We only have what the govt allows......Kinda like communism.

Apparently they do ship internationally, so I've ordered one of these.. will be great to finally be able to 'store' batteries properly. I only ever used the standard charger on my Q500-4K, and my batteries didn't last long at all.. Im hope this will help maintain my H batteries better.

Apparently they do ship internationally, so I've ordered one of these.. will be great to finally be able to 'store' batteries properly. I only ever used the standard charger on my Q500-4K, and my batteries didn't last long at all.. Im hope this will help maintain my H batteries better.
It has wide voltage range: AC 100 to 240 V. I run it in EU with 230V@50Hz.
No problems so far. Not sure if the 5V@2A USB charging port really sends 10W to the ST16 battery, because charging takes quite a while but maybe it is within the specs...

It has wide voltage range: AC 100 to 240 V. I run it in EU with 230V@50Hz.
No problems so far. Not sure if the 5V@2A USB charging port really sends 10W to the ST16 battery, because charging takes quite a while but maybe it is within the specs...

I'll let you know about the USB port when I get mine.. I have a cable that shows current/voltage draw.

Man, I live in Australia and think we have things pretty darn good. Particularly with the advent of the internet, most things are just a 'click' away.
I couldn't find a place to purchase that DY3 charger at the time.. no-one would ship it here.. until I saw that Carolina Dronz link.. my charger is now on its way!

I still think these are a seriously bad idea. If you have two (or god forbid) four large lipo's in a charger and one goes up in smoke you are going to have a major fire on your hands that you will not be able to put out. The smoke would be enough to fill your house, kill anyone who cannot get out and destroy everything.
I think it would be a far better idea to have a central charging unit with remote docs that could be placed at a distance from each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech