Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Testing the limits of the YTH in "follow me" mode (and nearly crashing)

Yeah right from camera shot with raw as I want to double check mine is not off. When I shot with raw the colour tint was so far off it took too long to grade in FCPX so I was considering trying Premier Pro. I was hoping that raw would look like s-log but it doesn't. If I have not binned the original files I will post an example later.

Okay when I get home from work I can do that. I have a 52 second file I think, I can send you that.

Yeah right from camera shot with raw as I want to double check mine is not off. When I shot with raw the colour tint was so far off it took too long to grade in FCPX so I was considering trying Premier Pro. I was hoping that raw would look like s-log but it doesn't. If I have not binned the original files I will post an example later.

Forgot to mention, the footage is sort of like slog. But not nearly as flat. Not at all. It's pretty basic. I typically add contrast, saturation, some sharpening, and maybe some correction. Maybe play with the shadows/highlights and exposure. You still don't get tons of dynamic range from this sensor, and the highlights are usually pretty fragile.

I realised I have a couple of still frame grabs from the video on my work laptop. Windows Media Player may have processed these a bit, but this is Yuneec Raw and DJI s-log taken a few minutes apart and at the same location.

Yuneec Raw Video
Yuneec raw.JPG

DJI S Log Video
DJI slog.JPG

All other settings set to auto.

I realised I have a couple of still frame grabs from the video on my work laptop. Windows Media Player may have processed these a bit, but this is Yuneec Raw and DJI s-log taken a few minutes apart and at the same location.

Yuneec Raw Video
View attachment 1120

DJI S Log Video
View attachment 1121

All other settings set to auto.

Wow the DJI stuff doesn't even look like flat log footage?

Yeah, I do have an ND filter permantely on my P3 and I do think media player in windows processes both a bit. They both look flat in FCPX.

The main problem is the colour on the Yunee, no matter what setting I use in terms of white balance in camera it looks like that and its a pain to match with anything else. Just not used to the effort required!

I've now started using Natural instead.

Yeah, I do have an ND filter permantely on my P3 and I do think media player in windows processes both a bit. They both look flat in FCPX.

The main problem is the colour on the Yunee, no matter what setting I use in terms of white balance in camera it looks like that and its a pain to match with anything else. Just not used to the effort required!

I've now started using Natural instead.

I've only shot the raw mode... I'll have to try neutral. I also need to get an ND for this thing.

Okay here is a frame grab from the CGO3 4k 30FPS RAW, and then for giggles a frame grab from my A7RII, 4k 30FPS sLog-2

The one from the video with my car is the Yuneec.

Attachments

• C0013.00_04_01_50.Still002.jpg
    C0013.00_04_01_50.Still002.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 11
  • C0013.00_00_05_48.Still001.jpg
    C0013.00_00_05_48.Still001.jpg
    681.2 KB · Views: 11
Okay here is a frame grab from the CGO3 4k 30FPS RAW, and then for giggles a frame grab from my A7RII, 4k 30FPS sLog-2

The one from the video with my car is the Yuneec.

Looking at the raw from your CG03 it does not have the heavy colour cast that my shot shows from the CG03+ but compared with the Sony A7RII there is a bit evident in the shot of your car. What do you think?

Yeah your shot does have an odd color tone to it. Its not as "neutral" as my CGO3. Sure its not a WB thing?
The slog2 is definitely much flatter... The real test would be to shoot the CGO3, CGO3+ and a control (A7RII) on the same scene, and then compare the scopes.

I competently forgot the day before I sent my CGO3+ back I did ONE video in RAW. (before shooting test images)

Here is a screen grab with my CGO3+ before it went back. 4k, 30FPS, RAW.

If you want, I can send you any of these files for example....

Attachments

• YUN00089.00_01_35_10.Still001.jpg
    YUN00089.00_01_35_10.Still001.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33