Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH firmware update problem

Well my H is Bricked so bad that the Board is not detectable as a USB device :/

they sent me a xxxxx.yuneec file as firmware to erase the Typhoon H (With GUI)

No luck

Got a RMA Tag Prepaid and off to Cali it goes. Took 2 phone calls.

I have the same problem. (US Version) - Have to pull the battery to get it to turn off.
I do have access to the Camera. Will try the GUI to put it back to V1.28

Seemed to have crashed in Step 2. Was able to upgrade the Camera via wifi on try 2 but auto pilot is bricked

Last edited:
"download and install the Typhoon H GUI

Open the GUI then click Tools then Firmware Updates.

Load the firmware in the file box (You can select the available COM port)

With Typhoon H powered off (with battery inserted) plug in usb cable to computer then to H
Step

Update should start automatically (COM port may change automatically this is normal).

Once completes you will get a Flash Successfully and the H will restart itself then click Yes."

Save and Remove TXT from file extension name (use with "Erase your H" with above instructions)

Attachments

• TyphoonH-FC_V1.15_17_5_2016.yuneec.txt
    467.3 KB · Views: 52
what was needed more old firmware than the TyphoonH-FC_V1.28_24_9_2016?
You have the TH Pro?

Well my H is Bricked so bad that the Board is not detectable as a USB device :/

they sent me a xxxxx.yuneec file as firmware to erase the Typhoon H (With GUI)

No luck

Got a RMA Tag Prepaid and off to Cali it goes. Took 2 phone calls.
You managed to restore TH ?

Same here, done the b.27 updaye. ST16 fine but typhoon is n ow 'invisible' to ST apart from camera.
Get one quiet beep on startup no lights on arms and cannot turn it off with the power button.
Brand new out of the box, well impressed NOT...

What is this 'programmer' and GUI software that Mr Steve carr mentions a few posts above this one?

Same here, done the b.27 updaye. ST16 fine but typhoon is n ow 'invisible' to ST apart from camera.
Get one quiet beep on startup no lights on arms and cannot turn it off with the power button.
Brand new out of the box, well impressed NOT...

What is this 'programmer' and GUI software that Mr Steve carr mentions a few posts above this one?

Just had the same problem with a corrupted AutoPilot firmware update, and fixed it with the help of this thread. The GUI software is available at this page:

Downloads - Yuneec

Using SnowRaven's yuneec file and the GUI, was able to get the drone to power up successfully to the older firmware. Downloaded the latest firmware, and tried to install it using the GUI - no dice. Copied it onto the microSD card, bound the drone to the controller again (rock it back and forth, forward and backward, until a blinking orange light appears, then go to the bind page and bind to the controller), then used the update button to install the new firmware. Drone now seems to be working fine - connects to controller, camera works.

Reactions: SnowRaven
You managed to restore TH ?

No mine bricked so bad they sent me a RA tag

arrives in Cali Monday, Im not too thrilled the 3.0 firmware caps us at 400 ft
as I can fly Higher at my AMA field than 400 ft

I'm really considering selling The Typhoon H and going with the DJI 4 Pro or Mavic

I'm really considering selling The Typhoon H and going with the DJI 4 Pro or Mavic
I believe you can change the altitude cap in the GUI...

is this accurate??

Yes.. despite GUI settings. Rolling back to AP 1.29 is our own temporary fix hopefully. That solves altitude limit but has its own bugs with the dpad cruise feature from what I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, My TH was BRICKED! all it would do is make one beep on startup and no LEDs would light up, the camera would turn on and send a feed but I could not control where it was pointed. I followed the instructions above and it is back to life!!!

Make sure you take the battery out,
open the GUI on your computer,
locate the firmware file linked above ending in ".yuneec"
and THEN plug the USB in

You will not need to click update, It should start on its own...

Thank You Steve!

Don't threaten, just do it. Save us all the time trying to work it through with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin