Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH Flyaway and crash... Searching as i type

Same here, did the update last night and calibrated and went out this morning and when I started the props it just went on a sideways trip across the parking lot.

Were you accidentally in Smart mode for take off? This a common reason for a crash - Smart mode and being less than 26ft from the H.

When I fly, I take off and get high enough right away to be above any obstructions, I've had my TH fly away on me already and it came back when battery went low, my fly away happened about 1 min after take off. Then Came back unscathed. I have looked into possible reasons for this problem. And talked to yuneec customer services. They told me a large reason for fly aways is KP index being high (Google KP index for drones to get full explanation). Currently today KP index is at 6 and I have a complete over cast so I can't test it till this all clears up. I only just learned this info so I thought I'd pass it along. They told me rule of thumb to never fly when KP index sits above 4 so I'll recalibrate and charge up everything and wait for things to settle down before trying again. This time with my extreme range antennas so I can hopefully have a better control on the H if it tries to fly off.

When I fly, I take off and get high enough right away to be above any obstructions, I've had my TH fly away on me already and it came back when battery went low, my fly away happened about 1 min after take off. Then Came back unscathed. I have looked into possible reasons for this problem. And talked to yuneec customer services. They told me a large reason for fly aways is KP index being high (Google KP index for drones to get full explanation). Currently today KP index is at 6 and I have a complete over cast so I can't test it till this all clears up. I only just learned this info so I thought I'd pass it along. They told me rule of thumb to never fly when KP index sits above 4 so I'll recalibrate and charge up everything and wait for things to settle down before trying again. This time with my extreme range antennas so I can hopefully have a better control on the H if it tries to fly off.

I have flown when the KP is 6-7 and never a problem but to each there own.
UAV Forecast

Attachments

• screenshot-www.uavforecast.com 2016-09-27 22-14-41.png
    screenshot-www.uavforecast.com 2016-09-27 22-14-41.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 6
Were you accidentally in Smart mode for take off? This a common reason for a crash - Smart mode and being less than 26ft from the H.
No not in smart mode, did that before and crashed. My problem was the binding process, i think, went through it again and it flies ok. Did the next update and call-ed everything and it runs smooth as silk now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt