Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The DJI Mavic is pure WOW

Something I found interesting. There have been an increasing number of Mavic Reviews and test flights on You Tube, even though the Mavic is not released yet. I know there are some pre-release demos, as always. However, a large number of these so called Mavic Reviews are not Mavics. If you watch the video until the operator comes into view, you will see a phantom controller or one that looks like it. They are not using a Mavic controller. I believe they are using the Mavic name to increase their views. If your looking for info on the Mavic, pay attention to the details or you will be getting false information.
It's pretty easy to spot the real Mavic videos. Look for the soft focus and tilted horizon. ;)

Reactions: Max Gibson
Me thinks this thing will suffer the same class of quality issues that the Typhoon-H suffered (and still does, btw) upon release. Another POS drone that promises the greatest experience since sliced bread, and a manufacturer ready and willing to take your money despite being ready for prime time.

I will never early adopt again, and LOL at those who do.

I liked your statement JohnL "I will never early adopt again, and LOL at those who do."
I never jump on the Typhoon H for that very reason. Wanted to see the outcome of problems that it might have. I'm very happy I never lost my self control to buy one but I sit here still thinking I so want one. LOL
It's hard sometimes not to take that chance. I will wait this one out also.
By the time they get everything straightened out there will be something else thats really cool. :)

One issue I have not seen talked about is the hinges for the folding arms and the props. No information on the wear of the swivel, do they become loose, can they be tightened, repair/replacing them, and on the props, cost, life span, and replacing them also.

You guys do realize the Mavic has manual focus and the new videos coming out now that the owners realize that are better than the Phantom 4 videos/stills? I can't wait for mine to be delivered and I will be providing honest reviews and videos starting next week. Then we can all judge.

I liked your statement JohnL "I will never early adopt again, and LOL at those who do."
I never jump on the Typhoon H for that very reason. Wanted to see the outcome of problems that it might have. I'm very happy I never lost my self control to buy one but I sit here still thinking I so want one. LOL
It's hard sometimes not to take that chance. I will wait this one out also.
By the time they get everything straightened out there will be something else thats really cool. :)

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Drone tech is moving so fast, it's difficult to "must have" a specific drone for more than a few months. Especially with all the over promising and under delivering. The time I'll end up spending over $1k on a drone is when the drone delivers on its actual promises. Until then, we'll continue to be let down after the early adopters start posting the issues.

You guys do realize the Mavic has manual focus and the new videos coming out now that the owners realize that are better than the Phantom 4 videos/stills? I can't wait for mine to be delivered and I will be providing honest reviews and videos starting next week. Then we can all judge.
Have not seen any real owner videos, only ones from reviewers and those from DJI which I would not trust.

Mavic cracks already? (from flitetest review video)
Or maybe it's just made that way?
gimbal crack.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop