Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The led in the leg: meaning of it's signals.

Reaction score
So, the breeze has a led in it's front right leg, which is clearly used to send the user signals.
Until last weekend I thought I had figured it out, but then it did a hard landing once, and I think some things have changed since.

This is wat I already figured. You start the Breeze:
Red light comes on: Booting
Red light goes off and it turns to white blinking or green blinking.
White blinking: initializing sensors?
Green blinking: wifi connection ready.

Sometimes the led turns off after the red or white stage and then I have to reboot. I also think that the red stage always takes a fixed amount of time, where the white stage can vary in length. But I'm 100% sure, if the green led starts flashing, the wifi Network is visible.

So what has changed after this hard landing last week? I noticed that the led also can blink blue. And where I thought the green led went to solid green, or turned off after wifi connection, it now keeps flashing.

I'm also not completely sure that this landing was abnormal hard, but it definitely looked the case . I took off from a lower point than where I landed, maybe it was confused and it didn't know it was already close to the ground?

I'm on the latest fw.

So wat does the led in your breeze do when you start it?

Reactions: Jaytega
So, the breeze has a led in it's front right leg, which is clearly used to send the user signals.
Until last weekend I thought I had figured it out, but then it did a hard landing once, and I think some things have changed since.

This is wat I already figured. You start the Breeze:
Red light comes on: Booting
Red light goes off and it turns to white blinking or green blinking.
White blinking: initializing sensors?
Green blinking: wifi connection ready.

Sometimes the led turns off after the red or white stage and then I have to reboot. I also think that the red stage always takes a fixed amount of time, where the white stage can vary in length. But I'm 100% sure, if the green led starts flashing, the wifi Network is visible.

So what has changed after this hard landing last week? I noticed that the led also can blink blue. And where I thought the green led went to solid green, or turned off after wifi connection, it now keeps flashing.

I'm also not completely sure that this landing was abnormal hard, but it definitely looked the case . I took off from a lower point than where I landed, maybe it was confused and it didn't know it was already close to the ground?

I'm on the latest fw.

So wat does the led in your breeze do when you start it?

White light solid .... then if all is good I get red flashing ... then green flashing and as you say once green is flashing then good to connect WiFi. BUT .... takes significant reboots before green flashing ... sometimes I don't get even to red .... sometimes red but not green .... but I am sure it's all to do with alignment of planets and whether or not you're facing East. Yuneec support is all unique and no support and I'm resigned to each flight proceeded by a large breakfast and a full read of the Financial Times prior to take off.

The "short" sequence prior to cam version 2.0.4(F) is: solid red for up to 30 seconds, then green blinking and solid green once the wifi link with the mobile is established. If blinking green does not come up but again a solid red is on with an interrupt of less than a second it means that the drone is overheated. Remedy: turn drone off, remove the battery and let it cool down for ten minutes. To speed cooling up you can blow through the holes on the bottom of your drone.
Lights changed with firmware version xxx .37_F.bin. This was, when the indoor/outdoor nonsense was introduced. First change was that you had sometimes (really only sometimes with no discernable logic) a white or bright cyan light before the solid red for one or two seconds. Then comes solid red as in earlier versions. If not overheated a white blinking light would come up for at least one minute. Eventuelly the blinking white might become a blinking green. Solid green when wifi was established.
IMO the blinking lights (green, white or bright cyan) denote the waiting for wifi to be established. Green is for the lowest Band in the 5 GHz range, white and cyan are for the higher channels. As I do not have a device capable of the higher channels I can not tell which is which.
The latest app-update disabled the indoor/outdoor nonsense - at least in the European version. So my best guess would be to keep the cam version at 2.0.4 unless you have a device capable of using channels above 48 (=5,240 GHz). These devices incorporate DFS to avoid interference with the weather radar.

Reactions: Ritzelschrubber
If blinking green does not come up but again a solid red is on with an interrupt of less than a second it means that the drone is overheated. Remedy: turn drone off, remove the battery and let it cool down for ten minutes.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Today afternoon I had a similar experience. After the first flight and changing the battery the red LED kept on staying. I restarted the breeze several times with no success. After removing the battery and waiting for around 10 minutes it worked again. However - I did not recognize any real increased temparature while touching the breeze. So not sure if temperature is the actual reason....

Reactions: airborne
However - I did not recognize any real increased temparature while touching the breeze. So not sure if temperature is the actual reason....
I checked it by blowing "cold spray" (liquefied lighter gas - so be warned) in the battery compartment. The "red-pause-red forever" effect ceased immediately. If not doing so it takes 10 to 15 minutes in ambient conditions to return to normal. So IMO it has to do with temperature. And having such a tight thermal design it makes sense to protect the breeze from overheating.

Reactions: Ritzelschrubber
Thanks airborne - your post really helped me. The first times when my Breeze did not come back from the red light phanomenon I definitely thought about sending it back to Amazon...

Thanks airborne - your post really helped me. The first times when my Breeze did not come back from the red light phanomenon I definitely thought about sending it back to Amazon...
You're most welcome. What I will do next is to find out, which channels are used by the breeze with different firmwares and different versions of the android app. Sorry that my research will cover only the F-versions (Europe) and will cover only the android habitat. It might be very interesting to find out which channels at what power-settings are used by the breeze. If someone knowledgeable from yuneec is reading this his or her input would be highly appreciated.

Reactions: jrojas1128
Id like to mention that my Breeze too has started having LED anomalies recently as well as my Batteries not seeming to hold a decent charge (I used to get ~12 minutes a pack, now around 8-10).

This is very frustrating as my Breeze has never had an issue in over 70 flights logged until the dreaded WiFi horror stories finally met me. Not one issue in 3 weeks until at about 190 feet my Breeze lost WiFi, could not connect to it again with ANY phone or tablet, it kept saying password was incorrect and I did the entire triage of possibilities any savvy person would do to reconnect over multiple devices.

Eventually return to home engaged but was off by a few feet and ended up landing in a tree and falling hard to the ground. The body cracked decently but after some attention we were reconnected and flying at lower altitudes not too far this time either. Then it disconnected AGAIN and the entire issue repeated itself, without a crash this time thankfully.

For the past day now I have been unable to get the Breeze to show either a Red or Green LED set on the legs indicating initializing or WiFi ready. It just shows the front LEDs near the power button blinking white and blue on start up. Very rarely now I will for a split second get a Red LED set on the opposite legs but for a long time now I have been unable to connect to my Breeze with my multitude of phones (different models) and/or connect it to any computer/laptop.

I have also uploaded a video to show how the LEDs that indicate initializing and Connect ready (Red and Green respectively) no longer function (no connect = no fly = NO FUN) visually or apparently on the circuit level because the drone will never become visible on wifi if you let it sit without LED activity (ive tried...).

Last edited:
Been searching the forum for info. Breeze will not connect to WiFi. Left white light, steady on. No lights at all in right front. Unit will not connect via usb so cannot do an upgrade of firmware as instructed by email from support. So I will call Monday and see about a swap. Really ticks me off as I need to take Pics of roofs after Irma. Breeze is good for that, but good for nothing now! Best tip so far on the forum, call support, do not use email. I do the roofs gratis, so I cannot afford to run out and buy one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech