Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

Longer shot as requested. What do we think? Still looks okay to me, maybe a little soft at the edges
Much better than mine by far. The horizon line still looks soft to me, but if this was the quality I got out of my camera I probably wouldnt be posting here

BTW, Monday marks the 2 week mark of being without my CGo3+ (so without my brand new Yuneec drone). Called yesterday, they had no ETA at all regarding when they will get to my camera even though its been in their warehouse for over a week now. They are very professional on the phone, but I'm getting really nervous about this. Hope it goes well.

Boosted ,
At least you have a fall back camera.
I would send mine in but afraid I would not have it back in time for July 4th.
I so want to video fire works from the air.

BTW, Monday marks the 2 week mark of being without my CGo3+ (so without my brand new Yuneec drone). Called yesterday, they had no ETA at all regarding when they will get to my camera even though its been in their warehouse for over a week now. They are very professional on the phone, but I'm getting really nervous about this. Hope it goes well.

I was actually going to ask if you heard anything. I got an email on the 14th that said the camera was "in their repair facility" I was also supposed to be contacted about what they were going to do with it, never heard back.

Boosted ,
At least you have a fall back camera.
I would send mine in but afraid I would not have it back in time for July 4th.
I so want to video fire works from the air.

Agreed, and yeah do NOT send your camera in yet. I can't imagine it would be back on the 4th. My RMA was issued on the 6th, mailed on the 7th.

I got an email on the 14th that said the camera was "in their repair facility" I was also supposed to be contacted about what they were going to do with it, never heard back.
Same as me. In spite of the professional people I've spoken to on the phone (very nice people), the fact is they have taken an entire WEEK to accomplish absolutely nothing. They told me they have "lots of warrantied repairs ahead of mine" I'm getting pretty nervous frankly. The clock is ticking on returning this to the Retail company I bought it from.

For shiggles, did this tonight with the CGO3. RAW and DNG, -2EV. Processed heavily in Lightroom.

Attachments

• YUN00026.jpg
    YUN00026.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 39
  • YUN00032.jpg
    YUN00032.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: eric bee
Same as me. In spite of the professional people I've spoken to on the phone (very nice people), the fact is they have taken an entire WEEK to accomplish absolutely nothing. They told me they have "lots of warrantied repairs ahead of mine" I'm getting pretty nervous frankly. The clock is ticking on returning this to the Retail company I bought it from.

Agreed. And I HAVE to return my Q500 4k soon.

I love the YTH. Really don't want to have to return it.

For shiggles, did this tonight with the CGO3. RAW and DNG, -2EV. Processed heavily in Lightroom.
Beautiful and crystal clear, all the way to the horizon line. Thanks for posting, confirms they have a problem with the CG03+ lens I would say

I am REALLY disappointed at this point that there is no one monitoring this forum from Yuneec, and driving a solution to those of us that took the time to not only post details of the focus problem, but post examples of what the EXACT nature of the problem. You would think that by now there would someone posting here from Yuneec that at least would assure us that they intend to address the problem, and send us new cameras soon. This is a competitive industry, and they are attempting to take major market share away from DJI. DJI is fighting back with an overall "quality" argument against Yuneec. I dont buy that argument yet, but if they fail to address these issues in a more timely manner, DJI will win that argument eventually.

On Monday morning I'm going to contact Yuneec again regarding my RA. If there aren't assurances soon that this will be addressed, I'll be reaching out to Ritz Camera and alerting them that I was sold a defective product and intend to return it.

In fairness to Yuneec, they do have a couple of guys that do pop on here now and then.
I am sure they were overwhelmed with a number of out of the box failures to broad issues like the camera focus.
I am waiting on an ST-16 battery replacement, that may not really be necessary. (that is in another thread)
I just hope they send boosted back an in focus camera, and then come up with some sort of replacement deal for the rest of us. I would actually go in and refocus it myself, but it is a bear to take the camera apart, let alone void my warrenty. They probably had instructions to screw the lens in X number of turns and call it good, and never checked them against a test pattern.

I would actually go in and refocus it myself, but it is a bear to take the camera apart, let alone void my warrenty. They probably had instructions to screw the lens in X number of turns and call it good, and never checked them against a test pattern.
Interesting regarding refocusing, I had no knowledge of how one would do that, and as the camera is now in their hands, I cant check. That would seem to be related to what the issue is, but again, there is NO information whatsoever in the manual, on the website, on the forums or anywhere else that indicates that lens focusing is something that is possible on the user end, are you saying it is?.

Monday is 1 week and a couple of days away from the end of my ability to return the product within 30 days. Thus my impatience, particularly when they cant give me any ETA whatsoever.

I thought about calling them myself, I guess it would be pointless.

And there is no way for the normal consumer to easily focus the lens. He was talking about tearing it apart. I actually thought about this myself, but thought I would do it "the right way" (warranty) I would be worried the lens is glued in place?

And there is no way for the normal consumer to easily focus the lens. He was talking about tearing it apart.
Thanks BP. Yeah. Pass. Not tearing a brand new 2 day old $1300 drone apart because of a manufacturing defect.

I could see that if I had owned it and flown it for a decent amount of time. But I had it in my hands and flew it for 2 flights before it was determined to have a major camera problem.

Last edited:
Thanks BP. Yeah. Pass. Not tearing a brand new 2 day old $1300 drone apart.

I could see that if I had owned it and flown it for a decent amount of time. But I had it in my hands and flew it for 2 flights before it was determined to have a major camera problem.

Agreed, and same here. Two flights. I just luckily still had the Typhoon 4k.

if this is a wide spread enough issue...do we need to set this thread up as a sticky so hopefully someone from Yuneec will pay more attention to it?

if this is a wide spread enough issue...do we need to set this thread up as a sticky so hopefully someone from Yuneec will pay more attention to it?

Might be an idea? I'm glad this thread is calling attention to the issue so others can pay attention/look, but I didn't expect this many people to have the issue. (scary) Now imagine how many more there are, but haven't realized it yet, or just accepted it as "okay"

Clearly its not an isolated issue, too many of us are having the same problem, but its hard to tell how widespread it may be given that they have to have sold thousands of YTH's since the release. I will tell you that the guy I spoke to on the phone told me I was the first one that he had heard of so far, that if it was truly wide spread he would know about it. I take him at his word.

What worries me the most is the guy who post earlier on this thread that he finally got a new camera after sending it in, and it had the SAME problem again after waiting 2 weeks. That scares me quite a bit, that would indicate a bigger problem. None of this is helped by the fact that its taking longer than we would prefer to hear from repair techs at Yuneec as to whether they acknowledge the problem exists and are prepared to provide new cameras as a result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval