Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thermal Typhoon H by CopterSource.com

So the gimbal is mandatory to operate the camera? Your wording above has lost me ! LOL !:confused: Can you put a price for "All" I need to operate with this camera, i.e : St 24, Camera, Gimbal any software? Thanks Laura-Basically so a package to Plug N Play!;)

Yes, we are still working on that... we just wanted to post our full package first. I will post more VERY soon.

C'mon DC, you got plenty moola, buy two and give one to me...:)
I am just a poor white child RayRay, I wouldn't buy half a one for that ridiculously insane price! Wait till Flir comes out with one especially for Yuneec and see how much they want to rape us for!:mad:

These setups use Flir cameras, the fellow I talked to last year who did the videos had one running on the Typhoon G with the MK58 for video downlink to the ST10+ long before anyone had any idea that it would work. The cheapest Flir is around $ 1,499.99 but the video resolution is only 336X256. Pretty small video soif you want detail you are going to have to spend more dollars. The video he shot was from a FLIR Vue Pro 336 6.8mm 9Hz that retails for around $1999.99 and as you can see the video detail is not that great either.
Anybody with a Typhoon G can get the Flir camera to mount into the GoPro gimbal with a little 3D printed holding bracket. You will need one of these:
Hobbywing 3A-UBEC Noise BEC Max 5A Lowest RF 4 RC Helicopter Planes 5V 6V Switch

And one of these:
90 Degree USB to Video AV Output FPV Cable Power Lead Cord For GoPro HERO 3 BE

To look like this:
Wirering Dia 3.jpg

Well, >$6000.- for a 320x240 IR camera eqipped drone is quiet a high price. Maybe at 9Hz? The redundancy of hardware is a waste also. Why just not sell it with the ST24 (~$600.- spared)?
I guess it's really time to lower those crazy prices and I really hope that some competition will start, so we will finally see thermal FHD at a right price. We know they already have them, but don't release them as there still is not enough competition.
Did not Yuneec stated they are coming with a 640x480 radiometric camera at $2500.-?
I was considering buying some equipment (Flir?), but am not in a hurry, so I am going to see what will happen in the near future.
I'm also thinking to hack the camera connector and build my own gimbal.
Ric

We're over in England at the emergency services show and Yuneec UK are here with their new thermal camera for the H?. Will find out details at show tomorrow and let you know the results. They say they have stock at the show to sell so need to leave wallet at home.

We're over in England at the emergency services show and Yuneec UK are here with their new thermal camera for the H?. Will find out details at show tomorrow and let you know the results. They say they have stock at the show to sell so need to leave wallet at home.
Buy me one, and throw it across the "Pond" LOL !:rolleyes:

I tried out the Yuneec thermal camera on an H a few weeks back at a joint emergency services event. Fantastic bit of kit, Yuneec staff were super helpful as well. Lots of color palettes and image overlay etc. Heard a provisional price then but not going to oil the rumour mill. Look forward to seeing a final RRP...

So the gimbal is mandatory to operate the camera? Your wording above has lost me ! LOL !:confused: Can you put a price for "All" I need to operate with this camera, i.e : St 24, Camera, Gimbal any software? Thanks Laura-Basically so a package to Plug N Play!;)
We have as well, but this thread is about a Typhoon H ;)
Can you just buy the case?

We are trying to understand the negative feedback, considering the price? So, we put it in this perspective... what do you guys think?

I know y'all aren't shy.... be honest :p

Attachments

• hversusxt.jpg
    hversusxt.jpg
    989.1 KB · Views: 36
We are trying to understand the negative feedback, considering the price? So, we put it in this perspective... what do you guys think?

I know y'all aren't shy.... be honest :p
Looking at your list of items I see you are using the GB203 gimbal and the video transmitter that goes with it. I have been wanting to do this with my H for other reasons. Was there anything special that needed to be done to make this work.
I know the price is high for your set but when I first saw it I knew there were a lot of high dollar items included so I do not think your price is out of line. You are the only one offering a solution too.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval