Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

THIS WEEKEND

Reaction score
taken from CAR PRO USA newsletter
S.gif

c5fcbd96-3d20-448d-8ecc-e231db978323.png

Memorial Day, an American holiday observed on the last Monday of May, honors men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades.

Please remember that Memorial Day is not about being off work or picnics. It is a day to remember those who died serving our country. So in honor of them, keep these things in mind.
It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
It is the VETERAN, who salutes the Flag,
It is the VETERAN, who serves under the Flag.

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM. God Bless them all.

Thanks for posting. I'm an old old vet and thankful for everyday that I wake up and see old glory patiently on watch over my home.

Reactions: Rayray
Thanks for posting. I'm an old old vet and thankful for everyday that I wake up and see old glory patiently on watch over my home.
your welcome
everyone should remember what this day really is all about and remember the the real hero's that gave their lives so we can live the life we enjoy every day .

I would like to thank all the Veterans this weekend. My flags are out. Also, i would like to add, have a safe weekend. Have a fun weekend. Fly straight and high. (Not over FAA guidlines) Enjoy yourself. Drink, but don't drink and fly. And remember...
Friends don't let friends fly DJI.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I suppose the equivalent of Memorial Day in the U.K. (and commonwealth countries) is Remembrance Day, also known as Armistice Day, which is on November 11th. The nearest Sunday to that is called Remembrance Sunday.

Armistice Day was originally intended to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France. After World War Two, the names Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday were adopted, and now all commonwealth service men and women who fell during any conflict are remembered. In the U.K., though, November 11th is not a public holiday but it is in some other commonwealth countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt