Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Throttle not responding consistently

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the throttle not responding? I'm sure it's a problem with the joystick on the st16. In hardware monitoring mode it will sometimes got to max and other times it only goes to about 70 percent. Seems like a bad connection. This happens in rabbit mode. When in turtle mode is won't even climb with the stick held full up. This is intermittent.

I just sent my H in for the second time with the exact problem. They will walk you through recalibrating the sticks to try and see what the problem is. But my throttle had the same problem twice now not sure what it is. They said they were going to replace the gimbal. So I guess they're meaning that's the left control stick

The transmitter has two gimbals with a control stick jutting up from each. One is throttle/yaw the other pitch/roll. This has been the standard radio/transmitter configuration in the U.S. for at least a generation. More like two generations.

Yuneec's most favorite answer is Just Send It in..... well who has time for that.. Yes I use team mode a lot with 2 ST-16 controls for our company. and it seems like after about 2 weeks of a lot of flying or changing back to single mode the throttle seems not to be as sensitive as before. this is a simple fix just simply wipe clean the Flight mode in the settings controls to CLEAR. you will have to rebind the controller to the H. this is not a big issues and we are now about to just to a bi weekly reset just to make sure things work properly

Has anyone had problems with the throttle not responding? I'm sure it's a problem with the joystick on the st16. In hardware monitoring mode it will sometimes got to max and other times it only goes to about 70 percent. Seems like a bad connection. This happens in rabbit mode. When in turtle mode is won't even climb with the stick held full up. This is intermittent.

Yes, its simple just clear out the Flight Mode in your App setting.. and rebind everything

I figured out it was the control stick. I'm not sure exactly how this type works (electrical or optical), but after I blew air through it a couple times and moved it around it several times, the problem disappeared. I now have full stick movement shown in the hardware monitor. Thanks for the responses!

The transmitter has two gimbals with a control stick jutting up from each. One is throttle/yaw the other pitch/roll. This has been the standard radio/transmitter configuration in the U.S. for at least a generation. More like two generations.

Yes, My other radio transmitters are the same way. I've been flying fixed wing models since the late 80s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop