Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thyphhon CGO3-ET firmware upgrade - UK

Reaction score
Greeting all.

My Typhoon H (fittied with GCO3) and ST16 all have the latest firmware - and I took it for its maiden flight today - all went well.

Swapped the camera out for the CGO3-ET and it came up with a message to say the firmware was old and required updating.
That didn't stop me getting airborne, and it flew well.

get home and go to update the firmware on the ET - but find this Capture.JPG

on the website.

So ... the question has to be .... how does the firmware for the ET get loaded to the camera - and that's assuming it's the same firmware that was for the CGO3 .....

Thanks in advance .....

Mick

Greeting all.

My Typhoon H (fittied with GCO3) and ST16 all have the latest firmware - and I took it for its maiden flight today - all went well.

Swapped the camera out for the CGO3-ET and it came up with a message to say the firmware was old and required updating.
That didn't stop me getting airborne, and it flew well.

get home and go to update the firmware on the ET - but find this View attachment 5890

on the website.

So ... the question has to be .... how does the firmware for the ET get loaded to the camera - and that's assuming it's the same firmware that was for the CGO3 .....

Thanks in advance .....

Mick

Mick,

You pose a good question as I have seen the same messages regarding outdated firmware for the ET.

Here is my take as to your discussion:

1) I bet the reference to firmware updating through the CSO3+ only has to do with the Over The Air (OTA) firmware update facility. Likely the ET does not provide that capability.

2) I am purely speculating that firmware for the ET will have to be delivered via the MicroSD card method, at least until the camera itself is updated to allow OTA. (And the ST16 as well.)

Have you tried calling Yuneec? I am very curious as well, having recently added an ET to my arsenal.

Jeff

I don't know for sure either, but I'm thinking you might select a new model and then add that camera to it. That way you may be able to just select whichever model you plan to fly with the applicable camera. I'd still call Yuneec and see what they advise.

I don't know for sure either, but I'm thinking you might select a new model and then add that camera to it. That way you may be able to just select whichever model you plan to fly with the applicable camera. I'd still call Yuneec and see what they advise.

Indeed - I have created a separate profile for the aircraft/ET camera so as to avoid having to bind it to the aircraft every time I use the ET camera as opposed to the GCO3+.

I have emailed Yuneec UK to ask how it is that the ET camera has the firmware updated - I await a response.
Once I have that response, I shall post it here for others to read.

I asked about firmware for the cgo-et about a month ago. At that time they said there isn't an updated firmware available yet and they would mail me when it becomes available.
I've not had a mail yet lol.

I asked about firmware for the cgo-et about a month ago. At that time they said there isn't an updated firmware available yet and they would mail me when it becomes available.
I've not had a mail yet lol.

I got a response today with a bin file version cgoet_gb_0.0.35_E_firmware - haven't installed it as yet and I have no idea what it's supposed to 'improve' or anything else - there was no documentation or revision history , just the bin file

Mick

Reactions: zandoli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio