Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time for reacall typhoon H?

While we all have found "improvements" to the first generation Typhoon H --- Out of the box, mine did exactly what it was suppose to do and I think it is the best BANG for the buck. It's nice to see that Yuneec has already implemented some of the issues we voiced on this forum… From the backpack, to telemetry antenna and now mounting external antennas on the craft itself.

I think the only "complaint" I have is that perhaps more beta testers could have been used to find out these shortcomings before they started shipping. They DID make a stronger landing system and attempted to give us a better camera (many on here don't like the CGO3+)

But, this industry is growing so fast…Look at how many versions of the DJI Phantom have come out with in short time--- All with "problems" and all more improved then the last.

I know that Yuneec is doing their best to fix those units that malfunction shortly after purchase--- With so much these birds do, sure there will be needed repairs.

As for auto recalls…Just got one for an airbag issue. I don't think car manufacturers agree to too many voluntary recalls…Most are safety issues and they MUST legally perform them...

As for auto recalls…Just got one for an airbag issue. I don't think car manufacturers agree to too many voluntary recalls…Most are safety issues and they MUST legally perform them...

Only after they are forced to through public exposure, class action lawsuits, and government pressure from politicians seeking reelection.

Sky, is it true that GPS is off several feet or more down under because of the shift in your Teutonic plate since the last maps were made?
Saw something on PC Mag about that. Thanks.

I also agree they could have done better at beta testing.
Mine has worked flawlessly right out of the box other than the camera focus not being as dead on as it could have been. I had to send mine back when it bricked during the firmware upgrade.
It happens to cell phones as well.
If I could see them do any one thing it would be to come up with a mod kit (Even if I have to pay some for it) Put the telemetry antenna on the ST-16 on the outside, patch antenna for the camera downlink, extend the aircraft antennas outside of the body like the PRO has.
Come up with some other camera options, I would love to have the 18X camera they offer on the Tornado
Most definitely rewrite the users manual.
For me it has been money well spent, when I had a problem it was addressed quickly, they have real people answer the phones (although they need to train them better). They do need to be more forward with addressing known issues. Bad GPS boards, that many experienced, RTH height, Camera focus.
All in all, it was money well spent. I would call it a beginners professional aerial photography drone. Yes there are better PROFESSIONAL drones out there, but who has 15K to spend on one?
And for most (you can not please all the people) their support has been top notch.

Reactions: PatR
Mine flies like a dream with no issues at all.
In fact, I don't even want to upgrade the firmware!

Just haaaaaad to jump in and buy one of the first units available. By doing so, that makes YOU the beta tester. Then yuneec closely monitors the ramblings of the web and makes improvements from there.

You buy a computer and 2 months later the next one comes out.... Are you screaming for a "recall"? Or do you realize technology is constantly getting better and when you buy something, the next 3 models are already ready to be released???

I knew when I pre-ordered that I would be part of a beta group. It's that way with all multirotors it seems, regardless of what manufacturers say. I anticipated that if problems were present that I would be one that would experience them and have to work through them in one manner or another. The H was fitted with features I build into custom platforms and enough additional features that I thought then, and 50 flights of experience has validated, that being one of the first was worth the minor risk. Having experience as a builder, which means every new aircraft is a beta test, provided both the confidence and ability to work through issues had they become evident. Mine had none and has functioned pretty near perfectly since I obtained it.

There's only a few improvements needed IMO, and BobW55 covered most of them. Better documentation, adjustable RTH, improved lens focus, and an OEM battery charge adapter for those that understand how to deal with lipo batteries. An on screen flight timer and some map and waypoint functions would be nice but not absolutely necessary. A separate camera control unit that leaves possession of the ST-16 in the hands of the owner is one thing I believe to be an absolute "must develop".

As time moves forward I expect new models to appear with features and functions mine does not have. I hope functionality that can be addressed in firmware upgrades will be pushed to the owners of original models but to think model #1 should be recalled for a re-fit because new features are being added to later product is ludicrous. Constant product improvement is a way of life if companies want to survive and generate new business. As mentioned earlier, computers are old the day you obtained them, and everything else we buy sees changes over time. Cars, TV's, refrigerators, radio control transmitters and receivers, it doesn't matter, they change over time.

Before you buy something you have to make some decisions. What can you afford, what do you want, what do you really need? If your purchase fulfilled the answers to need and affordability it meets your requirements and will perform the tasks you obtained it for until it's worn out or broken, everything after than is want. Trying to keep up with technology and product improvement can be a time consuming and expensive endeavor. Perhaps it might be better to become skilled with what you have in order to use it as effectively as it could be.

Reactions: Reasty
You lot are load of moaning ninny's never have I known a forum to raise all but negatives. Can we have some positives. I will start it by saying mine flies like a dream. I love it. If your not happy with it get rid and get that toy lookin white thing called a Phantom 4 instead. See how much better that crap is which I got rid of to get this. Best thing I ever did!!

Reactions: abinder
You lot are load of moaning ninny's never have I known a forum to raise all but negatives. Can we have some positives. I will start it by saying mine flies like a dream. I love it. If your not happy with it get rid and get that toy lookin white thing called a Phantom 4 instead. See how much better that crap is which I got rid of to get this. Best thing I ever did!!

People come to the forums to express displeasure and try to find relief. It's the nature of this beast. If it's not your thing, you should probably find somewhere else to hang out. People that are totally satisfied with their purchases are out flying. They ain't in here. Sorry.

I was out at sunrise 6am this morning to shoot a golf course promo and flew 6 batteries with faultless operation. Apart from an annoying fault of wifi signal cutting off when LG goes up - it does return after 90" I am very happy. Will send it in to Yuneev UK later in the year for checking out.

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom, Cypunk.:rolleyes:

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I was out at sunrise 6am this morning to shoot a golf course promo and flew 6 batteries with faultless operation. Apart from an annoying fault of wifi signal cutting off when LG goes up - it does return after 90" I am very happy. Will send it in to Yuneev UK later in the year for checking out.
Funny you should mention that as that has just started happening to me over the last two flights, it isn't even 20ft of the ground and it drops out, has been fine until now had an excess of 70 flights as well

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

And how did your golf course promo go, would be nice to see it [emoji106]

Had a few issues with mine most notably 1x engine failed 2days in but that was resolved ASAP and I notice my camera appears blurry around the edges, yuneec have asked me. To send it back, but I'm not so keen, from other posts I believe a wee turn on the lens may resolve it, , all in all I'm loving it, totally bad *** the Knight rider of the sky and I can map on it and do photogrammetry which I was told it wouldn't do, I reckon another 12months down the line it'll be all singing and dancing [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Graeme,
I have been looking for software to do mapping and photogrammetry, I was told there is none out yet for the H. What software are you using?
Thanks, John

Graeme,
I have been looking for software to do mapping and photogrammetry, I was told there is none out yet for the H. What software are you using?
Thanks, John
Hi John I was told the same, but exif data is stored on the pics as long as saving to jpeg, I am using agisoft photoscan, I have also tried pix4d which also works fine, as for automating it I edited an existing Ccc file, there is an editor posted here on the forums and it works great, all geo referencing works, as does dem, orthomosaic etc

I assume Luna is referring to the dampers on the landing gear, they adsorb some of the shock on heavy landings, and I'm with the other guys had mine in Aus for a couple of months and no problems a pleasure to fly, if anyone knows where I can pick up another battery for the h a website would be appreciated thank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix